Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys , I still don't have a 5th gen m6 yet, could possibly have one this year if everything goes to plan including the sale of my 3rd gen taking up space in the garage, last year i decided to add a tune with hpt on my 09 cobalt ss turbo, for some reason it didn't like any more timing then stock, apparently with these ecotecs they have issues with tensioners, camshaft adjusters (VVT) , gummed up intake valves just like the DI 3.6v6, lets start with some stock numbers , 15psi , stock timing about 9* it made a low 228whp and 243wtq. then spiking 25 and holding 22psi , stock timing , mid 12s afr , it made 270whp and 348wtq, we felt the need to stop after it getting like 6 degrees of kr after, wasn't really happy , but over 100tq just on a tune and kn filter, tuner said the car knock free on pretty much the same setup should make about 305whp and 370wtq :D, so Im pretty excited to get the car pulled apart and figure out why, then off to get a retune! also had a good pull with my buddys 98 z28 m6 from a 40 roll well let u guys ponder how it went, really cant wait to get an 5th gen !

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O yea, I can't wait, I'm still getting one, has to be a 2ss m6 , orange, silver , black or red and no sunroof lol , anyone run the xspower headers and catback?

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
I'm still waiting for the right moment for my 5thGen too. In the mean time I'm enjoying the 3rdGen. Sounds like you're having fun with the Cobalt, which is what it's all about.

·
Registered
486 Posts
When I tuned the brother's LNF colbalt it ran a lot more timing at 12.79 AFR or 0.87 Lambda. It also MADE A TON more torque. Being direct injection it likes a little leaner AFR. We ended up at like 22 degrees of advance. :lol:

I think most Canned LNF tunes shoot for around 12.5 AFR or 0.85 Lambda. I know Back Yard turbo's tunes and vinces Trifecta tunes shoot for 12.5 to 12.8 ARF.

Did you guys nerf any of the torque management? What did you do with the Catalytic converter tables?
:thumbsup:

ADDED: If was a lot of fun to kill the tires going into second gear as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
still battling with this car lol , Ive been looking at the ls3s locally and there dropping in price a lot, last month went to the track with the cobalt , while making 40hp less than trifecta , on a 215/40/18 stretch on a 9.5 rim, I was able to pull a 2.0 60' hooking, ran a [email protected] , 278whp/346tw 22psi, they usually make 330whp/370tq with my tuner, if I cant seem to find this knock problem on this car than im gonna seriously consider jumping ship into a ls3 fbody:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts