Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why yes, there is! I recently installed a 3" SS Magnaflow Competition catback and it was positively "quiet" (very deep and rumbling) compared to the stock system w/ resonator (L99) and no mufflers. I liked this setup and was happy with it. It was very "natural" sounding. But there was HP to be released in my supercharged setup so I made the switch. Very happy with the results in that department.

So what is the benefit to a quieter exhaust you ask?

I can hear the supercharger howl now!! :lol: :eek:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
getting ready to ditch my muffler delete and get the ARH exhaust. too much drone on the highway when i wanna go 75+ mph. some of the roads out here have 75 and 80 mph speed limits :D

with the muffler delete, x-pipe, and headers, someone came up to me one time and asked if i put a diesel in my car. :eek:wnedsign:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
getting ready to ditch my muffler delete and get the ARH exhaust. too much drone on the highway when i wanna go 75+ mph. some of the roads out here have 75 and 80 mph speed limits :D

with the muffler delete, x-pipe, and headers, someone came up to me one time and asked if i put a diesel in my car. :eek:wnedsign:
My man! How's things? :D Ouch on the "diesel" comment.... :mad:

I didn't have any drone. But when mashing on the loud pedal it was just louder than the SC was! Now I can hear it beautifully. Bad thing is, I stay in it longer and longer cuz I'm addicted to it now.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
things are good!

your comments make me want that SC more and more, but i just can't pull the trigger without knowing more about the Z28

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
things are good!

your comments make me want that SC more and more, but i just can't pull the trigger without knowing more about the Z28
I hear ya. I'm just not one to "hold out" for something on the hope it will come to be. I wanna play and I wanna play now!! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I just turn the radio up haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts