Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22099975/

MSNBC has released a list of the best and worst selling vehicles of 2007. There weren’t many surprises with the Ford F-Series topping the list once again, and the Camry making an appearance. The bottom of the list was dominated by higher-end luxury cars.

Experts speculated that the downward slump for luxury cars could be attributed to the housing slump as well as high fuel prices which are causing consumers to be more wary of spending money on luxury goods. Even Ford’s F-Series, while maintaining top spot, was still dropping in terms of the amount of units sold compared to last year.

In fact, just about all segments of vehicles fell this year, including luxury cars and pickups. The only segment that seemed to experience any success was the burgeoning crossover segment, or CUV, which experienced a 24% growth in sales over last year.

This trend reveals how consumers are trending away from larger SUVs and turning towards crossovers market for an answer.

Here are the lists:

Best-Selling Vehicles Of 2007

1. Ford F-Series
2. Chevrolet Silverado
3. Toyota Camry
4. Honda Accord
5. Toyota Corolla/Matrix
6. Honda Civic
7. Chevrolet Impala
8. Nissan Altima
9. Dodge Ram
10. Honda CR-V

Worst-Selling Vehicles Of 2007

1. Cadillac XLR
2. Mazda B-Series
3. Isuzu Ascender
4. Jaguar X-Type
5. Jaguar S-Type
6. Audi A8/S8
7. Porsche Boxster
8. Lexus SC430
9. Isuzu i-290/370
10. Jaguar XJ

My only question is how do they know this when 2007 isn't over yet?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That's funny...#'s 3,4,5,6,8,and 10 on the bestseller list made my top 6 UGLIEST CARS FOR 2007!!!:barf:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
3 is okay. #1 is one of the most hideous things I've ever seen. I own #6 (which I think is a sexy beast) and want # 2 bad. I'm not sure if they base this off of cars bought in '07 or model year '07. Basing this list off of model year '07 I can see.

The Silverado is my latest truck obsession. My lawd that's a sexy truck. Specially in black.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Silverado is my latest truck obsession. My lawd that's a sexy truck. Specially in black.
I wish they would produce this version of it:

Silverado + LS7 = hotness. :drool:

Now, granted that won't happen since the LS7 will be out of production soon, however I'm willing to bet that any of the 3 or 4 new supercharged 6.2L V8s would bolt right up. :cool:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I thought the Cobalt or G6 would make a top 10. I see so many of those two cars here! At least the Silverado and Impala made top 10.
2009 top 10 1. Camaro 2. Impala 3. Silverado 4. G8 GT 5. Cobalt SS. Really hope its a record year and they keep the Camaro alive!

·
Registered
601 Posts

Now, granted that won't happen since the LS7 will be out of production soon, however I'm willing to bet that any of the 3 or 4 new supercharged 6.2L V8s would bolt right up. :cool:
I remember reading the magazine that had the build up on that truck. That is the most kick a** truck I've ever wished I could own!
LS-8 would be cool too!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

I'd definitely love it with an LS7 but they can keep all the scoops on the bumper and the rocker panels. That's a little over the top for me. I like sleepers. Simple mods and a lot of balls. ;)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
You love the balls, eh urbanlegend?

Anywho, I would be :D! with a LS3 Silverado..LS7 is an expensive hand-built motor D:.

And I'd be alright with the hood scoop if it was actually functional. The bumper scoops are **** hideous, though. Replace those with good fog lights.

And the Tonnau cover needs a spoiler, not a big one..but hard tonnau covers with good spoilers are **** hawt.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
You love the balls, eh urbanlegend?

Anywho, I would be :D! with a LS3 Silverado..LS7 is an expensive hand-built motor D:.

And I'd be alright with the hood scoop if it was actually functional. The bumper scoops are **** hideous, though. Replace those with good fog lights.

And the Tonnau cover needs a spoiler, not a big one..but hard tonnau covers with good spoilers are **** hawt.
Spoiler? I've only seen this done once. There is a hideous F150 step side around here with a ricey Fast and the Furious spoiler on it's cover. Lord, I taste bile every time I see that eye sore.

Then again, this town doesn't have too many tastefully done cars. This is where tacky goes to be comfortable.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I've seen a couple of spoilers. I saw a gold/tan/whatever S-10 with a small spoiler (Kinda cobalt-ish styling when I think about it..but big enough to look right on a S-10) on the back, matching color too,..it looked freaking awesome. I've seen a few others on larger trucks..and they look quite nice when tastefully done.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I've seen a couple of spoilers. I saw a gold/tan/whatever S-10 with a small spoiler (Kinda cobalt-ish styling when I think about it..but big enough to look right on a S-10) on the back, matching color too,..it looked freaking awesome. I've seen a few others on larger trucks..and they look quite nice when tastefully done.
Correct me if I'm wrong (rarely:D), but didn't people used to think the tailfins of the fifties were tasteful? Of course, that got WAY outta hand by 1959!!! I would caution the word tasteful when speaking of spoilers. Those parcel shelves hanging on the back of Subarus, Mitsus, and Cobalt SS's are a bit much, don't you think? I certainly think it's way over the top on the ass-end of Chevy pickup. If some yoyo wants to tack one on his Turdra or Titeen, what do I care, the truck sucks anyway!!!:rotflmao:

·
Registered
101 Posts

And you will see an nice $80K MSRP with a $10K "Market Adjustment" addendum on the passenger side window.

Badass truck and Chevy should build it anyways. Hell, Dodge did.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.