Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I FINALLY GOT TO DRIVE AN SS!

Alright so as some of you may know, I'm working on a feature article about the Camaro as a final project for one of my college classes. So today, I went to Balise Chevy in Springfield, MA and interviewed Mike Balise, the owner. After the interview was done, he let me take an SS out with a sales guy for a little spin...and boy did I love it.

It was an IOM 2SS (non RS) with the L99. I can't drive stick yet:meh: It was actually a used one. They had just got it as a trade-in a couple hours before (only 500 miles on it). Apparently the guy who had it must be a collector because the dealer says he owns over 30 cars.

Anyways, since it was raining I couldn't really get on it, but the acceleration is good. However, I LOVE the ride and the handling. Took it around a couple sharp corners and I didn't expect it to be as responsive as it was. I can't wait to own one when I'm done w/college in 3 years. Here's a pic of me and the car in my driveway :)

P.S. My article will be appearing here in a little over a week!

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perma-grin :D

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
My face hurt for hours after getting our 2SS last week!:D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can wait to read that. Great feeling wasn't it
Yeah it was...the Orange is my dad's favorite color on the car so when I pulled into the driveway he just started smiling. I'm actually working on the article right now (I'll be up all night:lol:). It will be done by next weekend.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now you know even better what you're working towards!
Having that little taste makes you more eager doesn't it? :)

The hard work will pay off in the end!
Looking forward to seeing your Camaro article! :thumbsup:
It really does push me a little harder...I worked on that article til about 1 AM last night. I think that drive was a little inspirational. The goal is to get one right out of college. I just gotta figure out how to start saving for it. I've never been more emotionally attached to a car than this one.

And thanks for the support everyone!:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts