Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going with long tube headers high flow Cats and a good cat back system. What is the best sounding set up, that will not droan me to death while driving.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i'm glad you mentioned not wanting noise. you know how it is; one guy likes loud pipes, one performance, the other a milder set up... i'm going with the kook's system from headers back... a bud of mine has done this and a cold air intake and is claiming a huge improvement in hp and torque... don't know if they drone tho...

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
search will bring you to hundreds of threads with the same question.

your best bet is to install the headers before installing the cat-back... see how it sounds to you with the stock exhaust.

if it is not loud enough for you, then look up sound clips on youtube of header and exhaust combos. of the ones out i would say the quietest are borla touring or magnaflow street series.

if it is drone you want to avoid, but still would like the aggressive sound at WOT, then look into borla atak or Corsa.

or even a full header back kit from the same company. Kooks, ARH, Stainless Works, and Texas-Speed all have good header back systems.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
"Best" is a matter of opinion.

Drone will be worse if you have an L99 or if you plan on also installing headers. Try and hear as many as possible in person because most of the clips on the inter-web don't do them justice.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Its completely a matter of opinion, I'm a flowmaster guy and will be putting their cat back setup on my car whenever it gets here and they do have the Hushpower series, but I've heard some really good sounding exhaust from JBA, their competition series, its pretty aggressive though probably not what you're looking for.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Its completely a matter of opinion, I'm a flowmaster guy and will be putting their cat back setup on my car whenever it gets here and they do have the Hushpower series, but I've heard some really good sounding exhaust from JBA, their competition series, its pretty aggressive though probably not what you're looking for.
I have the Flowmaster American Thunder catback w/o headers on my SS, and it sounds good. Also I say its the owners opinion on what they are looking for. If you want loud, go with something like Borla ATAK, or Magnaflow Comp. There are different ones to choose from depending on what sound you want. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Best for me?

General Motors O.E.M. exhaust. Nothing has as much thought and R&D to get that "just perfect" sound on EVERY 2010 Camaro produced.

Thank you Chevrolet for such a truly awe-inspiring driving machine!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Going with the ARH set-up and tune from Hunters Performance Solutions in GA..Thanks for the advice Chris..

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Going with the ARH set-up and tune from Hunters Performance Solutions in GA..Thanks for the advice Chris..
I have the complete AR setup...there's ZERO drone, it sounds great.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
We've sold tons of the GM Performance exhaust systems and everyone loves them. They do have 2 versions, on road and off road, so you can choose your noise level.
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
I have the GM performance exhaust system sounds good to me
If I'm not mistaken the OP was asking about a full exhaust, this is just an axle-back set of pipes and muflers. If GM would release thier headders (although I think they only offered short tubes) then it would be a full exhaust, because they clam the cats are already high-flow. I have the GMPP on road version, not a full exhaust but I still like the way my car sounds.
http://www.cheersbitch.com/media/dyno.wmv
Although the tire sound is pretty loud too, like it was said above, the internet dose not do sound justice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone have the BBk full length set up yet?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
heard stainless works full set up Holy crap it was loud it sounded great but allday long might drive me nuts,I have spintech catback and my car is LOUD now,saving for ARH headers and cats and Ill probably go with the ARH cat back at some point

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the Kook's complete exhaust and I love it :thumbsup:

Great sound.............easy install...............once it was tuned great performance gains along with the CAI Inc. Intake.

If I had to do it all over again I would still choose Kook's.....I have no regrets at all........

·
Registered
31 Posts
Best for me?

General Motors O.E.M. exhaust. Nothing has as much thought and R&D to get that "just perfect" sound on EVERY 2010 Camaro produced.

Thank you Chevrolet for such a truly awe-inspiring driving machine!
Absolutely!
Besides, cant justify taking off 2.5" piping just to replace it with 2.5" pipe and some aftermarket manufacturers mufflers. If you want better/different sound....replace the muffs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts