Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm currently in the market to buy a 2010+ Camaro SS, I have spent some time researching the 5th gens and have decided on the color (Imperial Blue) I would like to buy, and specific options, however the availability of Imperial Blue 5th gens is slim at the moment in the MD/PA area, but I have found two local to me. Both that I looked at had at least 2 if not 3 previous owners, and others I found in a wider search range have been exactly the same with at least 2 or 3 previous owners. Is this something that should make me automatically walk away?? Both cars are 2011 models. The two owner car has 31k miles for $27k, and the 3 owner one has 17k miles $31k. Both carfax's check clean from what I can see. The biggest thing for me is finding a car that has been very well taken care of since it will be a garaged car & one that I plan to keep for 10 plus years easy. Should I broaden my horizon to cross country searches? Even though I think that would be even more risky. Just wondering what others think, am I being overly picky or worrying about small stupid and irrelevant stuff? Or are these things truly red flags? Is there anything else that I should take a closer look at when looking to purchase?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Wow, 2 to 3 owners of 2011 car... Something is not quite right. The first owner maybe upgraded to a vert or maybe couldn't afford the payments. The second owner either found something they didn't like with the car or maybe wrecked it and carfax didn't pick up on it. I have seen that happen many times. But 3 owners??? in 2 years??? And now for sale again? Run away from these and make your search a little wider. You will be much happier and will rest easier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought my '11 2SS/RS from a dealership a few months back, only had one previous owner and only 7k miles. They are out there, have patience and find the right one.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Be patient, demand your price or walk (fair price of course). Although Camaros are great selling vehicles, not everybody in America is buying sports cars.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I'm selling my car and I don't beat on it. I've taken it to the track twice and take very very good care of my car. What you never want to buy is a leased vehicle cause the ones who had that car DO NOT take care of it.

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Why does everything used must have been beat on?!

Why swallow the initial 15-20 percent loss in value on a brand new vehicle?!
Because the majority of used Camaros were beat on like this by the previous owners, dealerships, or guys out joyriding...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
That's hysterical^
I agree, that was freak'n hysterical!! I won't dispute that most Sports and Muscle Cars are beat on; however, if you know what you're looking at, you know what to look for, you'll know if the car has been abused!!

For example, I purchased a 2002 SLP SS Camaro back in 2010 with 11,000 original miles on it. I live in Northern Alabama & the car was in Manassas, VA. The dealership was willing to contact the only owner for me so I could meet him. Not only did he have documentation for the entire car, the original build sheet, the original SLP Window Sticker, and the original MSRP Window Sticker, but he also had all receipts from routine maintenance AND all the SLP add-ons that the dealership installed.

The first thing I did was ask if we could put the car on the lift because not only did I want to inspect the undercarriage, but I also wanted to check the transmission fluid and rear differential fluid. I also inspected the lower portion of the front and rear bumpers to see if they had been scraped or rubbed on anything. Then I inspected the 3" Factory Loudmouth Exhaust for any scrapes. Things like that, you can't hide and that will tell you how the car has been treated!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
394 Posts
^^^^ BINGO^^^^^

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great points Bucky, thanks!

Unfortunately my ideal price range I'm looking to spend is going to keep me in the used car category, and the fact that 2013 & 2014 color palette not grabbing my attention at all only cements that for me. I appreciate all the responses, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't over reacting to the multiple previous owners bit, and how I can make sure I get a good used car. I know that there will be some real used lemons out there both 1 owner cars & multiple owner cars, but I know there's some nice clean one owner cars out there that would almost be like buying new, to be had though they're are a smaller percentage. I guess I'll probably just keep on looking.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Great points Bucky, thanks!

Unfortunately my ideal price range I'm looking to spend is going to keep me in the used car category, and the fact that 2013 & 2014 color palette not grabbing my attention at all only cements that for me. I appreciate all the responses, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't over reacting to the multiple previous owners bit, and how I can make sure I get a good used car. I know that there will be some real used lemons out there both 1 owner cars & multiple owner cars, but I know there's some nice clean one owner cars out there that would almost be like buying new, to be had though they're are a smaller percentage. I guess I'll probably just keep on looking.
Sent you a PM

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I'm just running out of time bro. Went on 3 interviews today. Trust me I'm working
on it. I just can't damage my credit.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm just running out of time bro. Went on 3 interviews today. Trust me I'm working
on it. I just can't damage my credit.
Many years ago when I was a young man, I got laid off and had a brand new Camaro Z/28. I called the bank that had the loan and ask them what I could do so I didn't lose my car or damage my good credit. They let me just pay the interest for a few months until I got back to work. They just added a few payments on to the end of the term of the loan. I didn't lose my car or damage my credit. I kept the car for 8 years before I sold it to some kid. I had paid it off in a little over 3.5 years. I am sure the bank will work with you rather than try to repossess it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts