Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hardly...I used 2 rolls and I doubt that each one weighed more than 15 lbs. Also, since I've lost 30 lbs in the last month and a half, I figure it evens out. :p

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I might recommend this. We have an '84 F150 and the cabin is the loudest thing ever. You're going 10 MPH and there's more wind noise than a Yugo.

·
8,984 Posts
Hardly...I used 2 rolls and I doubt that each one weighed more than 15 lbs. Also, since I've lost 30 lbs in the last month and a half, I figure it evens out. :p
:lol::lol:

·
8,984 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's like DynoMat only a lot less expensive. Did you remove all your door panels and carpet, Dev?
Door panels only for now, though the wife wants me to take out the seats and do the floor and headliner now. :p I'll probably do that sometime in January. That'll be an all day thing.

It's supposed to be exactly what generation 1 DynaMat was. Apparently Dynamat has improved their formula and now sell something else, but for what this stuff costs, there's no comparison.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Door panels only for now, though the wife wants me to take out the seats and do the floor and headliner now. :p I'll probably do that sometime in January. That'll be an all day thing.

It's supposed to be exactly what generation 1 DynaMat was. Apparently Dynamat has improved their formula and now sell something else, but for what this stuff costs, there's no comparison.
Your wife wants you to??? Is she and audiophile or is the road noise that much quieter?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your wife wants you to??? Is she and audiophile or is the road noise that much quieter?
It's THAT much quieter. She's not much of an audiophile. She was skeptical about this stuff, but after taking the truck to work a few times (a 45 minute trip) she LOVES it.

How did you get around all the "stuff" in the door (pieces and parts et. al)? I have some noise reduction material in my dodge, but it was a bi**h to put in. I would imagine that at 6'7, you do not have tiny hands!
It was very simple actually. I took the door panel off, then I removed the plastic that's on the door very carefully, cutting it nicely around the speakers and door handles. I unrolled this stuff and stuck it to the door, and cut it with an exacto knife when there was an obstruction (it cuts very easy). Then I put the plastic back on OVER the sound deadener and used it as a template to cut out the spots that needed cut out. (the hooks for the door, and the screw places and whatnot).

I'll try to take the door panels off tonight and post some pics if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
It's THAT much quieter. She's not much of an audiophile. She was skeptical about this stuff, but after taking the truck to work a few times (a 45 minute trip) she LOVES it.

It was very simple actually. I took the door panel off, then I removed the plastic that's on the door very carefully, cutting it nicely around the speakers and door handles. I unrolled this stuff and stuck it to the door, and cut it with an exacto knife when there was an obstruction (it cuts very easy). Then I put the plastic back on OVER the sound deadener and used it as a template to cut out the spots that needed cut out. (the hooks for the door, and the screw places and whatnot).

I'll try to take the door panels off tonight and post some pics if you're interested.
Please! :thumbsup:

When you get a chance. I hope to put the Ram to bed for a while in the Spring/Summer to make way for my Camaro, but I will most likely use "the best stuff ever in my Ram - I spent a few $$ on upgrading the sound system, and I am willing to spend a few more to keep the cab quiet!

Thanks!

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Please! :thumbsup:

When you get a chance. I hope to put the Ram to bed for a while in the Spring/Summer to make way for my Camaro, but I will most likely use "the best stuff ever in my Ram - I spent a few $$ on upgrading the sound system, and I am willing to spend a few more to keep the cab quiet!

Thanks!
Well I finally had to take the door panels off again for something else, and took the pics. Here are the pics of the front two doors.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Looks like good stuff i hated dynomat pain in the butt and BIG bucks

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
:thumbsup:

Thanks Dev.

My project next weekend!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts