Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i realized i never introduced myself, i was so anxious to post i forgot. some of y'all have read my posts already.

my name is tommy of course. i live in texas city, tx, in the galveston-houston area. i'm going to be a senior in high school this year and drive a 2002 35th anniversary camaro ss a4 that was the steal of the century it seems like:D

i plan on getting a new camaro when they come out as a early graduation gift, the reason i don't want to keep the current car is because i want to race in autocross events and my car is not the car for that. also every time i drive it i feel guilty for putting miles on it lol

i think i'm shootin for an ls3 ss with the six speed manual, but i've only driven a couple of my friends cars that have standard, and am not sure. but i absolutely am in love with driving and could drive anywhere, just still not sure about standard thing, what do y'all think?

btw, my shift key is messed up, it took me 20 seconds to get that question mark lol, that is why i'm not capatalizing

·
Registered
36 Posts
i realized i never introduced myself, i was so anxious to post i forgot. some of y'all have read my posts already.

my name is tommy of course. i live in texas city, tx, in the galveston-houston area. i'm going to be a senior in high school this year and drive a 2002 35th anniversary camaro ss a4 that was the steal of the century it seems like:D

i plan on getting a new camaro when they come out as a early graduation gift, the reason i don't want to keep the current car is because i want to race in autocross events and my car is not the car for that. also every time i drive it i feel guilty for putting miles on it lol

i think i'm shootin for an ls3 ss with the six speed manual, but i've only driven a couple of my friends cars that have standard, and am not sure. but i absolutely am in love with driving and could drive anywhere, just still not sure about standard thing, what do y'all think?

btw, my shift key is messed up, it took me 20 seconds to get that question mark lol, that is why i'm not capatalizing
Welcome Tommy! :hello:

I'm pretty much a nOOb here as well, although I lurked for quite a while before registering. Sounds like you have it made in the shade driving a 35th Anniversary SS and just going into senior year of HS. When I was that age I had a car, but it was a POS 4 door Buick 12 years old. :BangHead: But it did beat walking.
As for getting the 6 speed manual trans, if you plan to auto cross on a regular basis (more than drag race) then I suggest you go for the manual. More control of the car and after you get good at shifting, downshifting, you will have more fun with the car than with an automatic IMHO. Must be nice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey and welcome Im new here as well and Ive been contemplating the manual or not too. I love driving (find it soothing :p) but I'm not positive but I've heard from everyone that once you get the hang of it (which I've heard takes about a week or so) its much more fun than driving automatic and you look more badass :p.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.