Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to purchase a street scene billet grille but cannot decide on color...my car is silver and i would like the polished aluminum but also like the black...Any opinions would help!! I was also going with the overlays that cover the turn signals..Thanks,Rich

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think it would depend on the other accent colors on your car. A black grill would look good if you had black wheels and a silver grill better with silver wheels and trim.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
imho, I'd say go with the black. The polished aluminum would be too much silver up front, but that's just my .02 :D
+1 imho, i'd leave the grill the way it is(looks good already) and just paint the chevy emblem silver to match the car. I went back and fourth on what to do with mine but in the end i think my decision to go with polished aluminum with the silver car came out great. two totally different cars though. I later added a polished aluminum lower grill too, but that was too much. Took it back off within a week.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I decided to go with the polished aluminum and after I installed I questioned my decision and thought maybe I should have gone black. But after a day or two I started to like it and enjoyed the compliments. So now I ordered the lower grille and will post pics after I install....thanks for your opinions

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here is the pic...does anyone know where I can find a flush mount bowtie (preferably black) to put on the a billet grille ? I 3m'd my stock emble and though it looked good it stuck out to far..thanks Rich(i may post a new thread on the emblem issue)

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1 imho, i'd leave the grill the way it is(looks good already) and just paint the chevy emblem silver to match the car. I went back and fourth on what to do with mine but in the end i think my decision to go with polished aluminum with the silver car came out great. two totally different cars though. I later added a polished aluminum lower grill too, but that was too much. Took it back off within a week.
i heard that... had the polished on the bottom as well but couldnt fall in love with it!!! I painted it black and now I love it..so now i have polished top and black bottom and i am happy with it

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
yeah
as hotrodhoodrat said

looks really sweet

i would not do any more to the front

look perfect now

if you do more it might look less perfect

like climbing a montain: when you have reached the top, it does not matter which way you go, you will go downwards in each case...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
here is the pic...does anyone know where I can find a flush mount bowtie (preferably black) to put on the a billet grille ? I 3m'd my stock emble and though it looked good it stuck out to far..thanks Rich(i may post a new thread on the emblem issue)
Did you remove the front clip to install the grill. I have mine just waiting for warmer weather to install.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That looks GREAT! I used the same peeps for my front lower grill but I had it painted Cyber Gray (from black) to match my stripes....ME LIKEY!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you remove the front clip to install the grill. I have mine just waiting for warmer weather to install.
this is the overlay grille so you have to just remove the bowtie and ss emblem. I added a billet bowtie and painted the bottom grille black. I will post an updated picture soon

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
this is the overlay grille so you have to just remove the bowtie and ss emblem. I added a billet bowtie and painted the bottom grille black. I will post an updated picture soon
Mine is an overlay as well but I dont like the mounting hardware that came with it. And since I have some front facing led strips that will be placed on the bottom portion. I will have to remove my front clip to install and wire mine up. Since I would be there already will wire up my turn siginals as parking lights/running lights..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts