Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've been so concentrated on the 5th Gen areas, I totally overlooked this part of the site.

Here's the scoop on my car......full size pics can be seen on my site.... http://www.bowtiebrigade.net

Browse to the gallery page and look for Nelson's 68 Camaro.

It started life as a 6 cyl trapped in a V-8 body that someone before me brought to life. When I got it, it was a 327 4 speed car already in black paint and black interior with a posi 12 bolt out back.

Once I took ownership, the drivetrain upgrades started one-by-one. First, I got a new TKO-600 5 speed that would be stout enough for whatever engine choices I decided later down the road. At the same time, the Wilwood front brakes were added along with all new stainless lines and the SSBC master cylinder. Once back from the shop, Youngblood's Performance Auto (919-773-7713). Had to give 'em a little plug there. I decided a little face-lift was in order. So, I let a local body shop do a little sanding and add some new clear coat. Good thing I had that Tremec, the owner decided to do a hole shot in his parking lot and destroyed the driveshaft and rear end yoke. Tranny held and is still shifting like new. It's still not as bad as this girls issue....

Check this out later, after you finish looking at mine. :lol: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1924211

Anyway, after the paint was all resolved, I drove many happy miles until a few high winding shifts most likely caused a valvetrain failure. After weighing the costs, it was more economical to pick up a GMPP crate 350. I decided this primarily on the coming 5th Gen purchase, so I didn't want to get too crazy. I'm still planning a head, cam and lifter upgrade in the future to push her to around 475HP.

Right now though, I'm having fun driving this car every pretty day that I can.

Oh, yeah, I added all new AutoMeter Phantom Series gauges in a Covan's Classis dash panel and console.

Enjoy......see you all around the boards..........:hello:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice !

Reminds me of the Better off Dead car :D

BTW - was she waiting to be spanked? :lol:
THANKS!!

Yeah, I've actually spoken to the BODC owner on a few occasions and we thought the same thing.

:rotflmao: Yeah, that's what it looked like......staff photographer did a good job with posing pics........

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
THANKS!!

Yeah, I've actually spoken to the BODC owner on a few occasions and we thought the same thing.

:rotflmao: Yeah, that's what it looked like......staff photographer did a good job with posing pics........
We spoke a few years back as well, just before his car was completed. He provided me with quite a few underbody shots we used for our floor replacement :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.