Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You install the hex vents yourself?
Yep, look's pretty straight forward.
You should have these basic cutting tool's at your house and there is no painting.

There's a video on his website also showing the whole process. One guy said he did it in about an hr to do the install.
I'll post a few of the step's and the "Oh [email protected]*" look when I make my first cut through the hood.

·
3,081 Posts
Yep, look's pretty straight forward.
You should have these basic cutting tool's at your house and there is no painting.

There's a video on his website also showing the whole process. One guy said he did it in about an hr to do the install.
I'll post a few of the step's and the "Oh [email protected]*" look when I make my first cut through the hood.
Take you a nerve pill and get to cutting. LOL I would have to take something. They will look bad a$$ though when you get them in.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take you a nerve pill and get to cutting. LOL I would have to take something. They will look bad a$$ though when you get them in.:thumbsup:

Location Date Local Time Activity
05/23/2012 4:36 A.M. Out For Delivery

Part is on truck in my town to be delivered:thumbsup:

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
It's here! Let the cutting begin.
Bigger ballz than me. I try not to do anything that can't be undone. But I would love to have the vents. I love them on the ZL1, can't wait to see yours with them.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
NICE!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks like a nice kit! I hope the project installs great, and they absorb the heat the way you expect with no warpage etc! The looks are great!

Always enjoy seeing the "low keyed mods" like that. No too over the top!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Looks like a nice kit! I hope the project installs great, and they absorb the heat the way you expect with no warpage etc! The looks are great!

Always enjoy seeing the "low keyed mods" like that. No too over the top!

Thanks!

It's all quality thick cut aluminum pieces so I can't see it warping. I was really impressed with the quality. (no plastic what so ever)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
How are they held on? What do think they would look like either painted glossy black or chrome. Just a thought. Are they designed to pull the heat out. Did the company do any testing or what. Just asking. Where did you get them do they have optons... Looks good..

With the stripes makes them blend better like that look better than just the painted hood. Got my questions answered. You have more confidence than I. I dont think I would/could cut my hood. I watched the vids but stilll dont know. I like that you can get the painted options.. Thanks for sharing...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts