Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got it installed...I think it looks nice. HOWEVER, I wish the bowtie was flush like it was...they used 3M to put it back like it was...but, its not flat on the rear like it was...and also the bottom where they pulled off the bowtie is slightly sharp. I apologize for the photos being dark...

Am I overreacting? Any input? Can I take it to somewhere and have it flush again? What do I do?:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
:DI like how the green pops out from the black...:D

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are the original bowties... but, when they pulled it off - around some of the outer edges it is rough and sharp. Also, the 3M tape they used makes it stick out a little...and doesn't look "factory flush." The guys that I usually deal with are "laughing" at me and said I should have waited...

Is it possible to take the bowtie off and have the edges buffed to smooth it out again and apply it flush without damaging the vinyl?

·
Registered
498 Posts
go to your local GM dealer and order a new back bowtie and replace the one thats on there now.. the new one will fit perfect!!!!! they're not that expensive ~25.00-30.00 when I bought my new one.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
yea if possible try and get better pics highlighting what part about it you dont like...they may have used a thicker type of tape then factory

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And one with the bowtie in focus :lol:
Well I was just trying to get it to show the tapping. Everyone thinks it looks good - I just want it to be flush.... Am I just being to paranoid about it?

Also, if they take off the Bowtie... is it going to damage the vinyl?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
go to your local GM dealer and order a new back bowtie and replace the one thats on there now.. the new one will fit perfect!!!!! they're not that expensive ~25.00-30.00 when I bought my new one.
Well, If I buy a new rear bowtie... I'd have to buy a new front too - because if they painted the rear...the possibility of the custom paint not matching would irritate me. :angry:

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
NO ONE and I SAY NO ONE is more paranoid than I am about there car.

Take the car back to the people who installed it and tell them you want your bowtie Flush.

Tell them yes it looks good all except the bowtie doesnt sit flush.....You feel they can do better work cleaning up the back of the bowtie before sticking it on.

and watch them.

I can see where everyone says it looks good however I can also see what you are talking about. Its the little things that others don't see but you do and that's what Counts.

if you are not happy take it back and make them do it right.

If anything gets messed up its there @$$ :thumbsup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I called Drive in Auto Sound and explained my discomfort with it and how it is bugging me....

They said they would either give me back my money or replace the bowtie. Well, I explained if they replace the bowtie they would ruin the viynl. He agreed and said that they can cut the vinyls there just like how SLP does it. I argued about the "same quality." He assured me it would be no different. Either way I had him get me a new rear bowtie.

Then I called my painter and he said that he has enough paint mixture of the same paint they used to paint my bowties and not to worry about it not matching because its from the same paint mix they made from the first time. But, he told me that I should ask Drive in Auto Sound for reimbursment because I need to get the new bowtie repainted... He said he needs to check with his manager regarding that.

SLP called me also and checking to see about sending me a new vinyl...

This turned out to be more headache than smiles...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well I called Drive in Auto Sound and explained my discomfort with it and how it is bugging me....

They said they would either give me back my money or replace the bowtie. Well, I explained if they replace the bowtie they would ruin the viynl. He agreed and said that they can cut the vinyls there just like how SLP does it. I argued about the "same quality." He assured me it would be no different. Either way I had him get me a new rear bowtie.

Then I called my painter and he said that he has enough paint mixture of the same paint they used to paint my bowties and not to worry about it not matching because its from the same paint mix they made from the first time. But, he told me that I should ask Drive in Auto Sound for reimbursment because I need to get the new bowtie repainted... He said he needs to check with his manager regarding that.

SLP called me also and checking to see about sending me a new vinyl...

This turned out to be more headache than smiles...
Well at least they are working with you on it. Let us know how it goes. Hopefully you will be satisfied with the new end result. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts