Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Yes.

Here's the portion of the press release mentioning it:

The new Camaro also has technologies that enhance performance, comfort and convenience, including:

Bluetooth phone connectivity
Premium Boston Acoustics audio system
USB connectivity
Ultrasonic rear parking assist (late introduction)
Remote vehicle starting system
OnStar
XM Satellite Radio

·
Registered
102 Posts
Speaking of Bluetooth (and On-Star), how does the cell system work with On-Star? Does it work with the bluetooth and you use your phone, or does it have its own phone in the car? :confused:

Larry

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speaking of Bluetooth (and On-Star), how does the cell system work with On-Star? Does it work with the bluetooth and you use your phone, or does it have its own phone in the car? :confused:

Larry
Larry
Based on what I know, if you get the optional On-Star service you can add a separate phone plan that has is own number or you can link it up to your existing Verizon plan. It's voice command so there are no numbers to enter or dial. Or use Bluetooth to connect your existing phone to the speaker system for hands free talking, however you will need to dial the number on your own phone. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Larry
Based on what I know, if you get the optional On-Star service you can add a separate phone plan that has is own number or you can link it up to your existing Verizon plan. It's voice command so there are no numbers to enter or dial. Or use Bluetooth to connect your existing phone to the speaker system for hands free talking, however you will need to dial the number on your own phone. I hope this helps.
You don't nessasary have to "dial". My nitro is set up that you can hit a button on the radio and say, "Call, Doug, Home" and it will call the home number of Doug.

For You Info.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Are there any remote start systems that work with the M6? It should be able to detect that it's in neutral, and start using the remote. I know the aftermarket systems mostly require automatics. I don't understand why there is this fear that remote starting a manual is dangerous. It's simple, if the car is in neutral, start it. Just like if an automatic is in gear, it won't start.

On my Vette, even if the car is in neutral, you have to have the clutch pressed down all the way to start it. That's really annoying, especially when you are working on the engine, and you have to keep climbing in/out to start it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are there any remote start systems that work with the M6? It should be able to detect that it's in neutral, and start using the remote. I know the aftermarket systems mostly require automatics. I don't understand why there is this fear that remote starting a manual is dangerous. It's simple, if the car is in neutral, start it. Just like if an automatic is in gear, it won't start.

On my Vette, even if the car is in neutral, you have to have the clutch pressed down all the way to start it. That's really annoying, especially when you are working on the engine, and you have to keep climbing in/out to start it.

Remote start will always remain an option on automatics, I think its a goverment safety requirement not to offer it on manual trans.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would never allow or buy the option of remote start on a manual car. SAFTEY FIRST! :BangHead:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
It sure sounds like a simple solution to disable the system if it wasn't in neutral and the parking brake on. Just two switches.

Larry
Yeah, it's just the fact that old manual cars could actually be started in gear that causes that "safety" thought. But if you have an indicator that if the car is in gear, then it won't start, it seems pretty logical, and not something that our bloated government should have spent millions on coming up with a rule.

Anyways, if your car is in neutral, and your parking brake is not on, you better live in Kansas. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.