Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Click here to read about Mr Lutz's visit to Australia and his first drive of the Camaro production prototype:

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2007/10/the_wonderful_w.html#more

I was actually lucky enough to drive the car Bob drove - it was probably my carrier highlight so far!

What an honor for Bob Lutz to say such wonderful things about the passion of the people at GM Holden...he really is a legend of the industry!

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
all I can say is WOW.. :D

someone said around the new year we would start seeing camoed protos..

and we will ;)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Where is this video?

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/12/lutz-from-oz-camaro-as-awesome-as-the-concept/

He describes the interior as being "remarkable" as well. We recently saw a GM video put together by the design group, in which a simulation of the Camaro startup process is shown from inside the car's passenger cabin. (It was not an actual car, but a super-high-quality computer simulation). If the interior shown in that video is indeed what's in store for the production Camaro, Lutz's use of "remarkable" is not at all out of line, and we'll all be yammering about it endlessly come January.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
^ I haven't seen it, but I wish I could:D

Thats the only story I have heard about this video and the first I heard about it.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Looks like there are potential greatness in the works. Let's hope GM speeds things up a little before fuel prices, fuel mileage standards, or the economy kills them before they see the light of day.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Do you think this means anything?

Twisting the key produced a muted rumble from the big V8. We pulled away smoothly in the first cog of the new, slick, six-speed manual. Depressing the accelerator shifted the world into fast forward, with three or four more quick upshifts. The car had just been completed and had had no tuning or finessing. But I loved the response, the sound, the steering and the brakes. There's more work to be done, for sure, and the group knows it. They still have time for further development. The goal of the team led by Gene Stefanyshyn is to produce the finest car in its class, ever. Do I think they will get there? I wouldn't bet against that team!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah it is gonna be remarkable!

owning one is gonna be awesome - not only does it look awesome inside & out but it sounds awesome and drives awesome!

i truly believe this car is going to be special - an instant classic

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
yeah it is gonna be remarkable!

owning one is gonna be awesome - not only does it look awesome inside & out but it sounds awesome and drives awesome!

i truly believe this car is going to be special - an instant classic
Shhhh! Don't let the dealers hear you say that! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.