Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed several cat back systems on GM iron, including a BORLA cat back on my wifes old 2000 R/A TA.

Fast forward to this year. I purchased a Borla cat back for a mothers day gift for my wifes current play vehicle, a 1990 IROC convertible. When I opened the box I knew this thing wasnt going to fit well, and after mocking it up, it confirmed my opinion.
I just paid Stans Headers 500.00 + to cut and either re weld or remake every F'in part of this thing so it would come close to fitting. I also had to pay for the ball flange fitting that connected the cat back to a cat.

I am linking this post to BORLA in the hope that they actually compensate me for the work and material I had to pay a quality shop to make their parts fit the aplication they advertised them to fit. Keep in mind I have emailed them several times over the last two months regarding this issue. All I got from them was BS.

This is my experience with BORLA, hope you fellas dont encounter the same problem. Your checking account might have red ass just like mine. 1300.00 for a cat back, pathetic.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Sorry to hear for your mishap.

If it didnt fit I wouldnt have made it fit I would have sent it back and got the right one.

I have used Borla and have had great luck with them.

maybe you just had a little bad luck sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
LOOKS LIKE BORLA IS OUT AS AN OPTION TO MY 2010 SS! SORRY BORLA, DONT LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT OVER-PRICED ITEMS NOT FITTING WELL!

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
No offense but you spent that much on your exhaust and it didn't fit you should have returned it

Thats what im saying.......why spend that much and when it doesnt fit rather than wait and send it back to get the right one lets Rig it to work.

Exhaust systems are made with madrel computer bends for the chemestry of how it makes power. You probably even threw that off when modifying it to fit your car.

so basically you wasted your money and could have just purchased a muffler and made your own exhaust.

I hope a lot more people see this post and back away from BORLA as well just less people on the street who have the same sounding car as myself :lol:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I have installed several cat back systems on GM iron, including a BORLA cat back on my wifes old 2000 R/A TA.

Fast forward to this year. I purchased a Borla cat back for a mothers day gift for my wifes current play vehicle, a 1990 IROC convertible. When I opened the box I knew this thing wasnt going to fit well, and after mocking it up, it confirmed my opinion.
I just paid Stans Headers 500.00 + to cut and either re weld or remake every F'in part of this thing so it would come close to fitting. I also had to pay for the ball flange fitting that connected the cat back to a cat.

I am linking this post to BORLA in the hope that they actually compensate me for the work and material I had to pay a quality shop to make their parts fit the aplication they advertised them to fit. Keep in mind I have emailed them several times over the last two months regarding this issue. All I got from them was BS.

This is my experience with BORLA, hope you fellas dont encounter the same problem. Your checking account might have red ass just like mine. 1300.00 for a cat back, pathetic.
I would have sent it back before spending a dime on top of that outrageous price.

I have always had my work custom bent and welded. Ends up cheaper, looks great and supports my local economy in the process :D

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Get a GMMG chambered exhaust for nearly half the price. Sounds better anyway.

I'd have sent it back once I figured out it wasn't going to fit. I might have included pictures to help prove my point, but for $1300, it better fit. Once you start cutting on the pipes, you own it, sorry to say. I doubt if Borla will compensate you anything on that.

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Borla has contacted me and it appears that they will stand behind their product. Borla knows what the problems are and they are offering to make amends. I wll leave it at that until it is finalized.

To the poster that blames all on being a convertible, the frame and floor pan of a 1990 IROC convertible is the excact same as a production T-Top IROC. I own bolth and have had bolth on lifts. The only differnce is that ASC added light guage L metal to the rocker panel area, pop rivited to the floor pan and body seem. Not a reason for a high end cat back to not come close to fitting.

When the dust settles I will let you know if I am a satisfied customer. Dont cancel your order with them yet. The music that comes from an BORLA exhaust system is music to the ears.

·
8,984 Posts
Wow, those are some fairly polar posts there my friend!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never knocked the sound of a BORLA exhaust, just what it took to make it. Shouldnt have to pay a bunch of money to make a system fit the aplication, that is my beef.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I dont see how this is a 5th GEN problem. Thats a 3rd GEN problem. Kinda getting the wrong idea out there that the Borla kit for the 2010 might not fit. Just saying, maybe I am off base here but I really thought this was a generation specific site. I am finding alot of non-gen specific stuff here. Kind of confusing.:(

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I posted my experience with the Borla cat back I told Borla I would not comment further about their products until they contacted me and we came to a resolution.

David Borla contacted me via email the next day and was determined to make things right by me, the consumer. I am pleased with Borla's professional attitude and diligence in handling a difficult situation. I would not think twice about purchasing one of their products now.

The car sounds awsome and has alot more power.

This is my personal thank you to David Borla for standing behind Borla's product and making things right for the average Joe.

Dave P.

·
8,984 Posts
Soooooo, what was the resolution?

an apology?
a new system?
cash?

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
When I posted my experience with the Borla cat back I told Borla I would not comment further about their products until they contacted me and we came to a resolution.
Then why did you post your rant in two different sections? IMO, you shouldn't have said a thing unless Borla refused to help you.

·
8,984 Posts
Then why did you post your rant in two different sections? IMO, you shouldn't have said a thing unless Borla refused to help you.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

in....

·
8,984 Posts
How about a merge and lock? :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts