Borla or Magna Flow?

• Borla

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Magna Flow

Votes: 17 58.6%

Borla or Magna Flow?

6K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  orange2012 
#1 ·
Gonna give my boy a new grumble. Just can't decide which one.
I want a throatier exhaust, but not real loud.

#4 ·
OEM

#5 ·
magnaflow all the way. love the sound it gave my car

#6 ·
Exhaust is one of the toughest things to "recommend" much less make a decision about without hearing it in person first. My vote was Magnaflow. Now I was looking for something a little less "busy" than my stock system w/ no muffs, would give me max flow for my "boosted" application and help me fly below the po-po's radar as best as possible... :rolleyes:

I ended up with a 3" Magnaflow Competition Catback.

That being said, I would really spend as much effort as possible to listen to all the clips you can find online AND find someone that has what you're considering and listen to it in person...

The problem with Borla that I read over and over is that it is an all or nothing thing with their setups. Basically 3 of them, one that is as quiet as stock, one that is marginally louder and the Atak which is pretty gnarly according to the masses...

#9 ·
Borla S type with longtubes all the way :thumbsup:

OR if you want to keep your exhaust manifolds and the rest of your factory exhaust but want old muscle car sound then go Borla Atak.

Borla atak and longtubes are LOUDDDDDD

Borla Stype alone will give you throatier as you want but keep in mind if you have a L99/auto you will hear it drop a cylinder with borla the most so get that tuned out.

Try youtube

#13 ·
We carry both and neither are bad options. The MagnaFlow sounds like it may be more of what your looking for. MagnaFlow has more of the muscle car sound with Borla being slightly more refined.

Are you looking for an Axle-back or Cat-back? Here are some options, most of the exhaust pages have videos as well. :thumbsup:

2010 Camaro Exhaust:
http://autoagenda.com/exhaust-11877

#14 ·
If ya gotta do it, go Borla. You don't want to sound like a Ford.

#22 ·
When I here Borla I think Rice.:lol:
All Borla products are manufactured in the U.S. And saying that Borla exhaust systems sound like rice is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I will add a video later of the Borla on my Shelby...no one has ever said anything other than that sounds "bad a$$". :D

#25 · (Edited)
I have the Borla ATAK CAT Back and the Borla XR-1 Long Tube Headers(No CATs), if its grumble you want... well, when you pass someone on the highway, they KNOW it. The negative side is late at night I have to park quite a ways away from home to keep from waking up my Family, Neighbors anyone within a few hundred yards. I tried pushing it the rest of the way once... would not advise that! This is my baby before and after the Exhaust install

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.