Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seen lots of v6 come up on the market but the green Camaro ss is a true gem I like green and yellow but I am still debating what lengths I would go to get a green one, the price, extremely far distance ect most likely going to end up with yellow which I am totally fine with !

....for Dodge and Chevrolet I HATE how certain colours are special editions...as far I know you can order any mustang in "gotta get it green" now I am buying used so my rant can only go so far buy theoretically if I was buying brand spanking new and I cant choose last years colour wow....I wonder how many people walk away from almost buying a car for that reason and tracking down last years car used

I like special edition cars but come on its a paint code you could at the VERY least make the special one a candy green and the normal one like a normal Kawasaki ninja green....it grinds my gears lol does anyone else agree

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
You COULD order ANY 2011 Camaro in Synergy Green for a limited time...that's when all SSs were built and NONE of them are Special Edition Camaros...just regular production cars. There were approximately 3750 SGM Camaros built as 2011s...that includes LSs, LTs and SSs.

The color was first available as a Synergy Edition Camaro in 2010 only as a V6 1LT model and it WAS denoted as a Special Edition with a limited number of 2425 cars produced. This is the reason that you see so many more V6s in SGM than SSs.

The only thing that grinds my gears...lol...was being told that the 2010 Synergy Editions would be the ONLY Camaros ever produced in the color. Or even better news...if you're willing to settle on a Chevy Sonic...you can get one of those in Synergy Green for 2014.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
The only thing that grinds my gears...lol...was being told that the 2010 Synergy Editions would be the ONLY Camaros ever produced in the color.
Silly rabbit. :) You forgot that part of the disclaimer GM does all the time about reserving the right to change models, options, engines, colors, etc., at any time and without notice...

IIRC, and I may be mis-remembering, I thought the tricky words when the Synergy Green Editions were rolled out that they would be "the only 2010 Camaros" painted SGM. Which left that door open for 2011. I could be wrong on that.

I think that was a huge sore spot, and for good reason, for a lot of SE owners that got essentially duped by GM. But I think the 2010's were the only 5th gen Camaros to get the green treatment inside as well, correct? So it's still kinda special.

I was hoping Kinetic Blue, or something very similar would have made it to 2014 color choices. But alas...they really did limit that color. Shame.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Around here ANY SS is rare to see, not just the green ones.
As one of the savvy ones that gambled the color would continue in '11, I only see 2 other greens in a tri-county area--Both 6's.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I have seen a couple here, have 2 come into the shop regularly for oil changes, both are SS's.. Seen quite a few v6's too.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Have seen two on the road around here a Transformer edition (once), I believe and, I think, an SS (3-4 times for this one). That said, still have never seen a ZL1 on the road

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't get it, you would think GM has to hurt their sales by not continuing these color options, but then again maybe they are playing the impulse buyers. but they donr have any really good colors out now, I guess they are waiting until sales start to stink to bring out the good colors

·
Registered
5 Posts
I do not see many of the 2ss with the synergy green paint in Canada even though the car was built here, so also am curious about production numbers.I called Gm to see if a person could get the actual production numbers for them and was referred to a Gm Canada vintage vehicle branch.I guess for a fee you can get that info if your car was for shipment to Canada. I might pay the fee and see just what the package comes up with.

Our vintage vehicle package provides the option content of your vehicle. Information includes:
■original paint colour and interior trim colour
■production/shipping dates
■quantity of same model produced for sale in Canada
■original engine number through late 1960's (if available)
■original selling Dealer and location (if available)

This information is combined with Engineering Specifications for your specific year and vehicle line to provide a comprehensive package of production information for each car or truck.

Option details are available from 1964 to the present for most vehicle lines.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The SGM Facebook club has a chart breaking down models with production figures.
How accurate it is , is anybodys guess but a good place to start.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm much more conserative myself and would have liked if GM would had offered a Forest Green color over the Synergy Green version.

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I don't get it, you would think GM has to hurt their sales by not continuing these color options, but then again maybe they are playing the impulse buyers. but they donr have any really good colors out now, I guess they are waiting until sales start to stink to bring out the good colors
Everyone has tastes for colors and they change over time ... I call the color of the 71 Nova I had "baby Poop brown" ... a friends 68 Camaro was "pee yellow" they sold fine back then, but you see that we have evolved too. In another 20 years we will see "tune your color" or chameleon

1 - 20 of 26 Posts