Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down and bought a 1LT / RS Friday at Davis Chevrolet in Houston. I got tired of waiting for the one I ordered through Classic Chevrolet of Grapevine. When I originally placed my order at Classic, I was on a waiting list of 60-70 names. Six weeks later I called to check and there were 105 names ahead of me. Four weeks after that I still had 90 names ahead of me.
No one there has ever been able to explain why the descrepency.
The folks at Davis were very helpful and had several on the lot to choose from. Price was better than I was prepared to pay. Amazing how different one dealership can be from another.

I'll post pics soon !!!

John

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm dissapointed in the Classic issue.

I'm planning a purchase next year and was considering going there with all the good things that have been said about them.

Could it just be a mixup?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I I got tired of waiting for the one I ordered through Classic Chevrolet of Grapevine. When I originally placed my order at Classic, I was on a waiting list of 60-70 names. Six weeks later I called to check and there were 105 names ahead of me. Four weeks after that I still had 90 names ahead of me.
No one there has ever been able to explain why the descrepency.
The folks at Davis were very helpful and had several on the lot to choose from. Price was better than I was prepared to pay. Amazing how different one dealership can be from another.

John
Who was your sales guy at Classic???

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
Sorry about your experience here John. I know you didnt order from me, but I never like to hear about anyone having a less than pleasurable experience. Congrats on your car!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not blaming the salesman. There is no explanation as to why the deck got re-shuffled. All I know is Ten weeks after I placed the order, I was no further ahead than when I first put down the deposit. I realize some people have waited longer and some not as long. It was the not knowing that dis- appointed me. Perhaps their volume of sales makes it harder to get the car you want. In this case, a smaller dealership was able to pull a Rabbit out of a Hat, therefore they got the sale.
I'm still trying to post pics of it, but it is Black with the darker 20"rims and it looks very Stealth !!!

John

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Well I'm sure there was nothing wrong on Classis's part. The man just wanted his car a little sooner than they could get it for him lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts