Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi you all,

I had thought I read from an article that the standard GM Bow-Tie emblem colored insert would be only in gold.

Yesterday I spotted a nice no frills Camaro in silver with the nice 20" wheels/tire combo. To my surprise I saw the colored insert was a black in color instead of the standard gold.

In the past I remember the Bow-Tie emblem came in all colors but this was kinda a shock to me.

Was I wrong when I read that magazine article:confused:

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Hi you all,

I had thought I read from an article that the standard GM Bow-Tie emblem colored insert would be only in gold.

Yesterday I spotted a nice no frills Camaro in silver with the nice 20" wheels/tire combo. To my surprise I saw the colored insert was a black in color instead of the standard gold.

In the past I remember the Bow-Tie emblem came in all colors but this was kinda a shock to me.

Was I wrong when I read that magazine article:confused:

Mail Clerk
There are a couple of different suppliers out there for colors (at least I am pretty sure I have seen them) and others do the plasti-dip, especially for black ,,, at least my experience in getting the bowtie off (if you are going the replace the gold) was that it was kind of a PITA ... I replaced my bowtie with an SS, so I'm not even sure how hard it is to get the gold out or if they just give the entire piece with a different color center. Bottom line, if you want a black bowtie, it is available.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a couple of different suppliers out there for colors (at least I am pretty sure I have seen them) and others do the plasti-dip, especially for black ,,, at least my experience in getting the bowtie off (if you are going the replace the gold) was that it was kind of a PITA ... I replaced my bowtie with an SS, so I'm not even sure how hard it is to get the gold out or if they just give the entire piece with a different color center. Bottom line, if you want a black bowtie, it is available.
83Hokie,

I'm much sure there are aftermarket look a likes out on the market but the one I saw appeared to be factory....not plasti-dipped like toe version you described.

I don't want to remove anything off my Camaro...just was curiousabout seeing it.;)

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
83Hokie,

I'm much sure there are aftermarket look a likes out on the market but the one I saw appeared to be factory....not plasti-dipped like toe version you described.

I don't want to remove anything off my Camaro...just was curiousabout seeing it.;)

Mail Clerk
I said available or plasti-dip ... 31B found one for you

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
You can make your bowtie black without ever removing it from your car...just cover the gold with black vinyl like they use for pinstriping. It's available precut from several vendors or just ask your Chevy dealer who does their pinstriping...the cost should run between $10 and $20. Here's a thread from one of our sponsors that talks about it...the thread features pictures of a carbon fiber overlay...but they have black too.

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sponsor-sales-group-purchases/26441-chauffe-performance-blackout-lens-tint-bowtie-covers.html

I highly recommend this vendor because he offers free replacements and the vinyl does need to be replaced every so often due to rock chip damage. My front one needs to be replaced now because it has a small split in the corner but my rear one still looks great...they've been covered for three years. Here's a pic...

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Guys and Gals,

Sorry but I have no intention on doing it at all. I was just curious that's all. First things first....my Camaro is still in the shop getting the radio replaced.

Mail Clerk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts