Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to break in my Camaro's engine? I just got mine today and revved it up a bit (I had to:D) and then realized that it's a brand new engine. Is that harmful to a new engine?

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's suggested that for the first 1,500 miles you don't exceed 4,000 rpms or stay at any one rpm for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
It's always a contentious subject, personally doing it by the book is probably the safest option-on top of that, I always make sure she fully warm before any hard acceleration etc

·
Registered
167 Posts
Did you see the National Geographic show on building the Camaro? Each car is already been driven hard at the plant on the dyno to make sure it works right and passes emissions. But, its still a good idea to vary rpm's for the first few miles. The engine is basically bullet proof and there's not much you can do to screw it up.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Did you see the National Geographic show on building the Camaro? Each car is already been driven hard at the plant on the dyno to make sure it works right and passes emissions. But, its still a good idea to vary rpm's for the first few miles. The engine is basically bullet proof and there's not much you can do to screw it up.
Just my .02 but I kept the car "tame" up through when I dumped the oil at around 900 miles. After that...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts