Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was born and raised in a little town in the west kootenay's called castlegar bc. i moved to alberta 11 years ago, and for the past 11 years every time i've gone back to see my family it's always been get there and get home as fast as possible. we went back home for the may long weekend, which is also the first time in 11 years we haven't been out with our trucks may long weekend. on our way home we decided to take our time and actually stop and enjoy the scenery. we stopped at most of the points of interest and took in the scenery. it's amazing how much you miss when you're just trying to get from point a to point b.

here's some eye candy for everyone to enjoy

Castlegar BC

top of the Kootenay Pass Summit (see why i was worried about slushie sections. still lots of snow up there)

notice the little cabin still buried in snow

one of my favourite pics of the whole trip

have you been to Yak and back? Yak goats (google Yak BC :thumbsup:)

Moyie Lake

Rocky Mountains

Fernie Tunnel

"World's Largest Truck"

another one of my fav pics

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
our milestone of 5000km

Into Alberta now and the Frank Slide of 1903

my third fav pic of the trip

giant windmill

i also took some time this trip to spend with my dad and show him the car for the first time. i know he's smiling

·
Registered
968 Posts
Thanks for the pics...Very beautiful country, looks like a great drive.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is a great drive in the late spring and summer so pretty and scenic

the crazy part was through the whole journey we only saw 2 other 5th gen camaro's on the road. the one was in calgary and on the other side of the deerfoot. but we met up with a yellow one just outside of red deer and we were honking and waving at each other. the camaro's definately aren't that popular up here yet

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Kitty awesome pictures.... I am glad you posted the last one and i am sure your father has a perma grin after seeing your Camaro. The scenery up there is just awesome thanks for sharing all your pictures.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Thanks Kitty, I really enjoyed these pictures.

Btw, in this one it looks like your car just emerged from the lake, completely dry of course! :D

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HAHAH my mother in law said the same thing about that pic weland. it's nice to photograph a still moving vehicle. i do believe i'll spend alot more time playing with "posing" the car this summer

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya the part of the town that got destroyed in the slide is still underneath the rocks. they have determined it to be a national historic site thus making it illegal to remove or deface rocks from the area. the fines if caught doing either are like automatic jail time and serious fines

here is some reading if you want

http://www3.sympatico.ca/goweezer/canada/frank.htm

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Kitty im glad to see you finally got the chance as so many have not been able to see how great this Camaro is perfect for ROAD trips.

Some Beautiful country you have up there. Amazing how the snow is still around.

As for the picture with your Dad. There is so much I can however im just happy for you that you got to do this. I am sure this is what he wanted you to do.

Live life none of us are Granted tomrrow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts