Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my dealer has had my car now for 7 days beacuse of waiting on parts , really !!!!! But the good news is that I went to visit her last night and she is almost done !!!!!! Last week I was at a car show with the top down all day everything was good , then go to put the top back up and POP !!!!! goes the top . The dealer had to send my car 22 miles down the road because they do not fix convertable tops . The bar that goes on the back side of the top that helps seal the top to the back bent, thats right it bent by me just putting the top up it got bent. Yes chevy knows that they have a problem with this and have corrected the issue with a new and stronger design . :thumbsup:However it still does not change the fact that I do not have my car :angry:. See pictures below of damage

Attachments

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
that's why you have a warranty, and IMO if you got a rental then what's the big deal.

Dealer had my convertible for 5 days last week for similar issues. though not as bad as yours.

I got a rental at no charge, so no big deal for me, didn't cost me anything out of pocket, so let them keep it 7 months if thats what it takes to fix it right.

My last car was a Chrysler 300c in 6 years of ownership it spent 22 months (yes you read that right) at the dealer, not all at one time, the longest was 3 months getting a new motor and transmission under warranty.

Since I had a rental every time and no out of pocket I didn't care.

·
Registered
375 Posts
WOW, have not seen this happen to anyone until now. I have the same 45th addition Convertible and purchased it 4/11/12. Have had NO problems so far. I will have to take a closer look at my top next time I put it down and back up. I will just look and see if I can perhap catch a problem before it happens. Think that makes sense. Anyway sorry to hear about your deal and I hope you are well taken care of by your dealer.
Michael down here in South Boston, VA

·
Registered
351 Posts
There is nothing you can do to prevent the 5th bow disease; when it goes, it goes. My vert was out for 2 months while they placed the 5th bow and the top for the rubs and holes. And YES, it is a big deal that a car is out for any period of time, especially when you only drive it in the summer months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK here's the update , car is fixed seems to be pretty good . No issues so far keeping fingers crossed !!!! Also found out a new problem that Chevy cannot solve my dash is bubbling right above the radio ???? GM says they know about the issue but do not have a fix yet .

·
Registered
220 Posts
that's why you have a warranty, and IMO if you got a rental then what's the big deal.

Dealer had my convertible for 5 days last week for similar issues. though not as bas as yours.

I got a rental at no charge, so no big deal for me, didn't cost me anything out of pocket, so let them keep it 7 months if thats what it takes to fix it right.

My last car was a Chrysler 300c in 6 years of ownership it spent 22 months (yes you read that right) at the dealer, not all at one time, the longest was 3 months getting a new motor and transmission under warranty.

Since I had a rental every time and no out of pocket I didn't care.
Out of service almost 2 out of 6 years has obviously instilled patience in you that Job would envy. Replacing a $40k car with a $20k rental car for extended periods is not a "I don't care situation" for most people. I guess the plus side would be that one would keep the miles low on the pos, which is nice.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Out of service almost 2 out of 6 years has obviously instilled patience in you that Job would envy. Replacing a $40k car with a $20k rental car for extended periods is not a "I don't care situation" for most people. I guess the plus side would be that one would keep the miles low on the pos, which is nice.

I never got (or get) a $20K base rental car.. When my car was in last week for the convertible top my dealer gave me a 2012 CTS Coupe (V6) as a rental. I guess that is the nice thing about being loyal to my GM dealer I have bought 9 cars from them in 20 years and they know me very well, the owner knows me on a first name basis, but not as a friend, as a customer who has turned a lot of friends and family to them.

As for my Chrysler, the warranty had a clause that the rental must be equivalent to the vehicle being repaired, so I usually had a top of the line loaner.

Matter of fact the crappiest rental I can ever recall having was a 2007 Town and Country van, because that was all they had at the time, but when a Charger R/T came back in the dealer came to my office with the Charger and picked up the mini-van..

I didn't learn patience from dealing with the pos lemon Chrysler, I just see it different than most, in that as long as I am not inconvenienced in any major fashion then it is not worth getting into a huff about, things happen, warranty covers it, no worries..

now if I didn't get a rental, being these are my daily drivers, or if I was unable to get to work, had to pay out of pocket for an obvious defect, yeah my tune would be different..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so my dealer has had my car now for 7 days beacuse of waiting on parts , really !!!!! But the good news is that I went to visit her last night and she is almost done !!!!!! Last week I was at a car show with the top down all day everything was good , then go to put the top back up and POP !!!!! goes the top . The dealer had to send my car 22 miles down the road because they do not fix convertable tops . The bar that goes on the back side of the top that helps seal the top to the back bent, thats right it bent by me just putting the top up it got bent. Yes chevy knows that they have a problem with this and have corrected the issue with a new and stronger design . :thumbsup:However it still does not change the fact that I do not have my car :angry:. See pictures below of damage
This just happened to my 2012 45th edition convertible. I heard a load pop and it is now at the dealership. They received the part yesterday and I am told I will have my car today (I hope so). The dealership said there is a bulletin on this problem and will likely become a recall if more people have this problem. It is obvious that it is a defect. Others with a 2011 or 2012 convertible might want to have the part changed before it breaks at a time that is not convenient, i.e., a rain storm.

·
Registered
394 Posts
do you know what the said part is called? thanks

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
This just happened to my 2012 45th edition convertible. I heard a load pop and it is now at the dealership. They received the part yesterday and I am told I will have my car today (I hope so). The dealership said there is a bulletin on this problem and will likely become a recall if more people have this problem. It is obvious that it is a defect. Others with a 2011 or 2012 convertible might want to have the part changed before it breaks at a time that is not convenient, i.e., a rain storm.
Update us when you can, oh.. post any info you come across.. like the recall / service bulletin (...might help others that come across the same issue).
Did they give you any reason why it broke & what could of caused it ?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5 Posts
In my experience I've found the dealerships have limited training and equipment to do the required roof replacments and/or repairs. Futhermore, many of them rely on 3rd party upolstery contractors to do work on convertible tops. GM will continue to work on your roof but it may take weeks or months to complete.

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
In my experience I've found the dealerships have limited training and equipment to do the required roof replacments and/or repairs. Futhermore, many of them rely on 3rd party upolstery contractors to do work on convertible tops. GM will continue to work on your roof but it may take weeks or months to complete.
Depends on the dealership, Some are very good at what they do and proud of it. You just have to find that one dealership and go to them even if its out of the way or even far away to get it right the first time.

If ever in Dallas Texas, use Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson!
I can personally say they are the best (IMO) around N Texas!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hopefully it doesn't take too long for everything to get fixed.

I've had my top replaced once for rub marks.

FYI here is a list of Bulletins for: 2011-2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO CONVERTIBLE POWER FOLDING TOP DIAGNOSTIC TIPS
convertible-info.pdf

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Depends on the dealership, Some are very good at what they do and proud of it. You just have to find that one dealership and go to them even if its out of the way or even far away to get it right the first time.

If ever in Dallas Texas, use Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson!
I can personally say they are the best (IMO) around N Texas!
I have to agree...bought my SS from Reliable Chevrolet. I flew up from Corpus Christi and they met me at the gate from Love Field. Just an all around good bunch of folks there at that dealership.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts