Modern Camaro Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello from Sweden!
I have exatcly the same problems with my top but is was when i schould fold the top it happen and it dont goes all the way down. My dealer says whitout looking yet that they have to order the parts from USA and that will take some time. We have a short summer here and this will take much of it i think.
Not so funny.
Mikael

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
My 5th bow bent in july. I got the parts from my dealer and fixed it my self.Here is a link to that story.
5th Bow Pictures - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
Great job on the bow, thanks for posting the link..:5go:

I'm starting to worry a bought a wear mark at the top front section of mine,
the cloth above me is getting larger, I think.. not sure if its from the top being
down or not having tonneau cover... :( plus a few other smaller ones.. in random spots.. :eek:
Here soon, may need to go the GM dealer and have them, repair it.. if its a warranty repair, otherwise,
I'll be going to a upholstery shop :angry:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
302 Posts
Great job on the bow, thanks for posting the link..:5go:

I'm starting to worry a bought a wear mark at the top front section of mine,
the cloth above me is getting larger, I think.. not sure if its from the top being
down or not having tonneau cover... :( plus a few other smaller ones.. in random spots.. :eek:
Here soon, may need to go the GM dealer and have them, repair it.. if its a warranty repair, otherwise,
I'll be going to a upholstery shop :angry:
I did my own top fix early on when pepole first started noticing wear marks. My top has been flawless ever since. Drive here and I will fix it for you. I dont trust dealers working on my car.Lol

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
I did my own top fix early on when pepole first started noticing wear marks. My top has been flawless ever since. Drive here and I will fix it for you. I dont trust dealers working on my car.Lol
I wish I could drive up to ya.. that would be cool, all on its own.. thx bud for the offer, yea I tend not to trust most dealers ether. :thumbsup:

Oh and i hardley ever use my tonneau cover.
Haha, I would think, it wouldn't have that great of affect on the top !

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok so my dealer has had my car now for 7 days beacuse of waiting on parts , really !!!!! But the good news is that I went to visit her last night and she is almost done !!!!!! Last week I was at a car show with the top down all day everything was good , then go to put the top back up and POP !!!!! goes the top . The dealer had to send my car 22 miles down the road because they do not fix convertable tops . The bar that goes on the back side of the top that helps seal the top to the back bent, thats right it bent by me just putting the top up it got bent. Yes chevy knows that they have a problem with this and have corrected the issue with a new and stronger design . :thumbsup:However it still does not change the fact that I do not have my car 😠. See pictures below of damage
Ok so my dealer has had my car now for 7 days beacuse of waiting on parts , really !!!!! But the good news is that I went to visit her last night and she is almost done !!!!!! Last week I was at a car show with the top down all day everything was good , then go to put the top back up and POP !!!!! goes the top . The dealer had to send my car 22 miles down the road because they do not fix convertable tops . The bar that goes on the back side of the top that helps seal the top to the back bent, thats right it bent by me just putting the top up it got bent. Yes chevy knows that they have a problem with this and have corrected the issue with a new and stronger design . :thumbsup:However it still does not change the fact that I do not have my car 😠. See pictures below of damage
I have the same issues, exposed rear weather striooing, baggy rear fit sunken rear window and I did hear a pop. it still works but isn't right up or down. I bought the car new, do you suggest a dealer 1st?

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
I have the same issues, exposed rear weather striooing, baggy rear fit sunken rear window and I did hear a pop. it still works but isn't right up or down. I bought the car new, do you suggest a dealer 1st?
You should find a good local GM dealer close to you before goin out of your area... You may have to go back to that same dealer several times, to get the top back to 100% or if you have other repairs done that GM should cover... Hope that helps

21 - 31 of 31 Posts