Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought this home to play with. Retail on it is $3,199.00 Its nice to have a Mac Tools Dad.

·
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 92 Roadmaster throws an ses light every every once in a blue moon so Selena will probably look to see if it is in the history in the computer somewhere. She tried a code reader for this computer and it shows nothing since the light isn't current. The car is fine just figured it wouldn't hurt to take a look at the computer and besides it looks like fun.:lol:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey guys, I am trying to learn all the tech stuff I can as I read all the posts. Do you mind giving me a quick description of what I am looking at and what it does? Trying to learn all I can. Thanks.:5go:

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's what I call well armed. :thumbsup: Being an old gearhead, these are the tools I need to get up to speed on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
that many gm vehicles you should look into a used tech 2 for $1200-$1500 on e-bay,, it will do far more for your gm vehicles than that scan tool(i have used that one),, then i bought a tech 2 and a the new gm scan tool the MDI

·
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why buy one when I can borrow anything Mac makes when ever I want it.

The reason we brought this one home is because it will work on 92s. The newer stuff won't.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Why buy one when I can borrow anything Mac makes when ever I want it.

The reason we brought this one home is because it will work on 92s. The newer stuff won't.

gm tech 2 will also work on 92 and even older vehicles, and the tech 2 will give you much more data than the mac scan tool and the data will be correct, and the tech 2 will communicate with all the gm modules in the car, the mac scan tool only works to get codes and data from a few modules, and can not be used to set-up new modules

1 - 11 of 11 Posts