Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my browser started blocking this forum and warning, "The website moderncamaro.com contains elements from the site www.camarosource.ca, which appears to host malware."

Went to my laptop, and got the same message. Not sure what changed to prompt this, it may be nothing, may just be me, but just wanted to give a heads up in case it is something that is worth looking into.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Indonesian??:confused: That is pretty strange

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
It's okay for me, but then again, I'm running Linux.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Ubuntu 10.04
Works like a charm. This machine is a P4 3GHz w/4GB Ram, an ATI video card, and SATA and IDE HDDs. Full bootup, including logging in and launching Firefox is under 45 seconds from the time I hit the power button.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Ubuntu 10.04
Works like a charm. This machine is a P4 3GHz w/4GB Ram, an ATI video card, and SATA and IDE HDDs. Full bootup, including logging in and launching Firefox is under 45 seconds from the time I hit the power button.

Thanks,

I sometimes think about repartitioning my hard drive on the laptop and loading Ubuntu on it.

I guess I could load virtual box and run it as well.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Thanks,

I sometimes think about repartitioning my hard drive on the laptop and loading Ubuntu on it.

I guess I could load virtual box and run it as well.
...or you could run Ubuntu with Win7 running under VirtualBox. It works better w/Ubuntu as the host OS. Less overhead.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm only getting it when using Google Chrome, Safari, IE, Firefox work fine.
Not a big deal, I can just ignore and proceed but figured I would point it out since it just started happening.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Well, we do have a script running from Camarosource.ca, a "top 50" thing visible at the bottom of each page.
(We're always #1 on the list :D )

Their site has been going through some adjustments lately, so perhaps the Top 50 is gone.
(The button isn't showing on the bottom of the page right now, so that's a possibility.)
I can disable that portion of the footer code for now, no big deal. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts