Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the weird bubbles on the door in the painting ? Many friends have the same problem.The painting is original

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Got pictures?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I've owned four and haven't noticed any (3 white, 1 black)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1.red -99
1.gray -99
1.black -99

pictures later . . .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bubbles on the door in the painting :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi all - just joined here and looking through the old threads... did anyone get to the bottom of this issue since I'm looking at a black y2k SS with just that 'problem' and not sure if it's purely cosmetic :confused: or the harbinger of something more serious :(

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hmm, look like filler holes. Did it have any sheet metal repair in the past? Tape up a quarter and lightly tap the area around the bubble. See if you notice any changes in the sound.

Adapted it from composite repair I learned and found some nice rust holes under the paint on my brother's monte. Decided to let it go and hoped to god it held.

3 months later we had a 5 inch by 7 inc hole under the filler door on the drivers side. Started eating into the neck supports for the tank and it went into the Car ER after that. o_o

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its under warranty take back to dealership

thanks for that - a little more research after I posted revealed the fun many people have had with this problem :( that being said though it didn't stop me getting the car, will hopefully collect this weekend. Taking back to the stealership isn't an issue as I live in the UK so it'll just be 'grin and bear it'

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
if this is on your new 2010 camaro, take it back to the dealership and make them repair it.

they are probably fisheyes in the paint

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I think it's hard not to appreciate the brilliance of my previous post. So I had to...
:bump:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts