Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
Just got back from doing the Bondurant High Performace class in a 2012 RS/SS Camaro. I have wanted to REALLY take the car to it's limits. Bob's though, not mine! GREAT INSTRUCTOR'S... I thought I was fast before. They truely teach you how to load the corner of the car that's needed. It's no B.S. on the 2nd day your instructor lets you run as fast as you want. The big road course is 1.9 miles so you can really get after it.
Gotta put it on Your Bucket list!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Cool !!

Thanks for sharing. I need to add that to the list. I would love to hit several of the major tracks across the US just to say I raced on them. Getting some quality instruction before I hit the road would be a wise choice.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Thanks for sharing, a must add to the bucket list! Thanks for your service too!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Congrat cpo keep on tracking! I'm soo looking forward to driving schools in my ZL1 (where is my car??) As I've mentioned before I live close to Watkins Glen and they have driving/race schools frequently thru the year. I plan to attend as many as affordable to hopefully be able to drive the ZL1 to it's limits safely. :5go: Oh thanks for your service from a former Marine.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Yep, I'm with Envy. It's been on my top 5 for years. Still hoping my kids get rich at some point and feel sorry for their dad. :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Actually I was talking with the Wife this morning..

I said, what about taking your 370Z Sport out to the track , for an HPDE Class with an Instructor..She said , "you are not taking my car out there"..I said not me ...YOU..:eek::eek:

She lit up and said how much?.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Although it is not the Driving Class, we are going to Go out to Infineon Raceway this year and Drive both the 370Z and the Z/28...

Oh I may not get to drive the 370Z, but once we are there, i may get her to let me..

Wish me Luck..I am already in Bucket List mode...

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hey Folks,
Just got back from doing the Bondurant High Performace class in a 2012 RS/SS Camaro. I have wanted to REALLY take the car to it's limits. Bob's though, not mine! GREAT INSTRUCTOR'S... I thought I was fast before. They truely teach you how to load the corner of the car that's needed. It's no B.S. on the 2nd day your instructor lets you run as fast as you want. The big road course is 1.9 miles so you can really get after it.
Gotta put it on Your Bucket list!
Congrats on the Bucket list ....Very Cool:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I've been out there several times, and know the head instructor personally. He races in the Continental Tire Series in the GT class. With that being said, I've never taking the course, but it's definitely on the list of things to do.

For those of you that don't know, if you purchase a ZR1, you get a week's class for free to learn how to drive your car. It's a program that Bondurant has worked out with Chevrolet..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ahhh, the ZR-1...

I have bucket lists that are real, and then i have the ZR-1....Still on the list, but i am going to need some more money to pull that one off...

·
3,081 Posts
I've been out there several times, and know the head instructor personally. He races in the Continental Tire Series in the GT class. With that being said, I've never taking the course, but it's definitely on the list of things to do.

For those of you that don't know, if you purchase a ZR1, you get a week's class for free to learn how to drive your car. It's a program that Bondurant has worked out with Chevrolet..... :thumbsup:
Thats a helluva deal!!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Bucky what tracks are they offering that at? I don't think they come to Watkins Glen.:confused: Sorry you said ZR1 not ZL1 LOL N/M
Hey Firecross, yeah, I'm not sure of any incentives like that for the ZL1, just the ZR1. And it's only for the Bondurant road course, which is at Firehawk raceway, right outside of Phoenix. When you go there, they have about a dozen or so ZR1's just sitting outside. Last time I was there, inquiring minds were wanting to know how you get to drive those cars, and that's when I learned it's a program that Chevrolet started to show owners how to drive that specific Corvette. Pretty awesome if you ask me.... :thumbsup:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Actually I was talking with the Wife this morning..

I said, what about taking your 370Z Sport out to the track , for an HPDE Class with an Instructor..She said , "you are not taking my car out there"..I said not me ...YOU..:eek::eek:

She lit up and said how much?.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Although it is not the Driving Class, we are going to Go out to Infineon Raceway this year and Drive both the 370Z and the Z/28...

Oh I may not get to drive the 370Z, but once we are there, i may get her to let me..

Wish me Luck..I am already in Bucket List mode...
Wishing you luck brother :D

Like the new sig too :roxor:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
728 Posts
I am finding out all kinds of things about the 370Z....watch the brakes.....watch the oil cooling....fuel starvation....

Screw it..i am letting the wife drive her car and i am going to beat my track ready car..

Fricken "sport" Z....what a joke...street car at best..Great car....still a nissan..

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hmmm bucket. You expect the Z to be a track car but it has shortcomings? How much in mods did you do the the Camaro? I think you are expecting too much from the Z it ain't a ZL1. :confused:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts