Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
I expected to see it go with the HUGE displacement and low to nil mpg it got. Next up on the chopping block if it doesn't become the new flagship, the Challenger. Really with the new CAFE restrictions, I expect a lot of cars getting chopped/ castrated to meet or exceed the new laws our government are imposing. RIP Viper! Ssssssssssssss.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Between the changes made to the body, the vette kicking it a$$ all the time and the challanger comeing out you had to expect it. i think it only got popular because of the TV show that it was in when it frist came out. LOL

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
:( This was one of my most long-standing dream cars. Up until the Camaro was unveiled, I was still searching them on the internet, watching the prices of the first models becoming almost reachable.

But, with the introduction of the Camaro, that's all moot now. :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
:( This was one of my most long-standing dream cars. Up until the Camaro was unveiled, I was still searching them on the internet, watching the prices of the first models becoming almost reachable.

yup I was the same way and bam the new concept Camaro showed up
and like you that was it for me :) :thumbsup::drool::bump:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean?
A clean Viper can be had for the same price as a 2008 Chevy Tahoe...

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Well, it's not really a practical car, so it's more of a toy, and with a wife and 2 kids, my toys can't quite be in the 30-40k range, but 20k would almost be something I could do. However, it's harder to get a good loan on a 10-15 year old car if you don't have perfect credit. And by good, I mean low rate, longer term, etc.. It's a lot easier to get a loan on a new car.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I hear what you're saying, cash is tight :D

I think the saying goes, if you can't afford the car over 3 years, you probably can't afford the car.
Never heard that but it makes sense. Anymore than that and unless you get 0 or 1.9 you are paying another third for the car.
Cash is getting tight for many and I'm sure the auto makers are takeing that into consideration while they revise their future lineups.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts