Modern Camaro Forums banner

building a 91 rs

5K views 40 replies 7 participants last post by  z28greaser 
#1 ·
i got a 91 RS and I'm trying to figure out what should i do with it... I already have a 350 that has a voodo cam and a holly dominator intake for a carb and a 350th with a shift kit and 342 gears... I just dont know what i want to do with it yet.. help me out

#3 ·
i know the last one i had, i put a 358ci sbc in it with double hump vette heads and it sounded good and ran good... but now im start with a 1 piece rear main 350 block and center bolt heads with a holly intake and 600 carb and a 350th trans... i was thinking about vortec heads and a 670 holly with a .489 voodo cam just a mild street car

#5 ·
yea but if i can find an ls1 i would much rather go fuel injected i just dont know if that trans would would work with it and other than a computer harness what would i need

#7 ·
na i got a carb now cause i cant stand tbi... the only way to get any kind of hp out of them is getting a complete aftermarket setup... i just never had any luck out of one... an ls1 or lt1 would be the way to go but unless i can find a donor car i dont know wat all i would need to do the converson

#10 ·
lol na i know better i was fighting with my daughter yesterday wen i was replying... what do you drive anyways... that red camaro?

#19 ·
well what other type of rear end has the mount for the torque arm with spending an arm and leg... to switch to a ford 9" it'd cost a **** load

#20 ·
My husband used to own a Teal '91 RS with the 305TBI. He said it wasn't a powerhouse, but it was a really smooth running engine.

He is still kicking himself for selling it to buy a '95 Camaro. Loved the 3rd Gen body style.

#25 ·
700R4 have a decent rep I thought, if you broke 3 of them they were junk or you beat on it. They might not be bullet-proof but they are able to handle enough once it's built i'm sure.

The only thing I don't like about third-gen fbodies is their rep and how you can't find a decently nice one. They're all rust buckets. engines should of been a variety of 350s not the 3-0-why?

#27 ·
I've broken so many 700r4's cause I manually shift them... they're to slow shifting on thier own.. and yea if you build one it would hold up but a 350 turbo is cheaper and easier to build...
I got a hold of a newer charger tonight and my one wheeling RS shocked the hell out of me... I got him by a nose

#33 ·
I finally got to run at the drag strip and I went 8.80's all day long thanks to a new 4.10 richmond but the last trip I went I got talked into spraying a 125 shot to it that was on my buddys set up and he forget to change the jets... so long story short a 250 shot is unforgiving... RIP to my 91 RS... the good news is I found a rare as hell firehawk that i'm going to try and get financed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.