Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bummer - once nice custom car smacked pretty good...

Posted this to my blog tonight with video:

WASHINGTON - A D.C. Police SUV was involved in a wreck at the filming of Transformers 3 in Washington D.C.

While the movie was filming a car chase scene on 3rd Street and Maryland Ave in southwest D.C., the police SUV collides with a yellow Chevy Camaro, which in the movie series is known as the character Bumblebee.

http://5thgencamaro.blogspot.com/2010/10/dc-police-suv-hits-bumblebee-during.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1_hFDcEdcQ

·
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know he was responding to a call, but he tore through a closed set and hit BumbleBee. Cop needs to loose his job. No sympathy!
Lose his job? Without any information on how/why he was on the closed set that is a big assumption ;)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
He responding to an EOD call. Which is fine, but as a professional filmmaker, a closed set means a closed set. If this had been one of the scenes where people are running away from explosions he very well could have hit someone. He acted recklessly and stupidly. He needs to get the ax.

·
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He responding to an EOD call. Which is fine, but as a professional filmmaker, a closed set means a closed set. If this had been one of the scenes where people are running away from explosions he very well could have hit someone. He acted recklessly and stupidly. He needs to get the ax.
Again, assumptions. Among the obvious questions, did the crew/police/whomever do their job securing the set/streets? Was it properly communicated? etc etc

Lets wait until the facts are out, if they even come out :D

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
A closed set means a closed set on a sound stage in a public setting it is not a closed set. Just regarding this info he should not lose his job.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Yeah, I hope the dog is ok too.

OceanChevy, I have to be clear, a closed set can happen anywhere. While a public place, that set was closed to the general public and blocked off for safety. So it was indeed a closed set. They already put it out that he was responding to a call. Fine, but before they let him drive through they need to get on their coms and shut it down. The cop in the SUV was on a different freq. The cop who let him just tear through there needs to get it too.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Yeah, I hope the dog is ok too.

OceanChevy, I have to be clear, a closed set can happen anywhere. While a public place, that set was closed to the general public and blocked off for safety. So it was indeed a closed set. They already put it out that he was responding to a call. Fine, but before they let him drive through they need to get on their coms and shut it down. The cop in the SUV was on a different freq. The cop who let him just tear through there needs to get it too.
You said closed to the general public a Police Officer is no part of the general public. I know that it is a bad thing that bumblebees front hood got destroyed but accidents happen and is this the 2nd accident on the set for TF3

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Again, assumptions. Among the obvious questions, did the crew/police/whomever do their job securing the set/streets? Was it properly communicated? etc etc

Lets wait until the facts are out, if they even come out :D
The facts as of this moment:

A.) The officer was responding to a bomb threat at one of the capitol buildings. He is in EOD.

B.) The set was a closed set.

C.) In this video: http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/11/transformers-3-set-car-crash-cop-bumblebee-washingtod-dc-accident-video/ you can see that the officer had to drive around the barricade in order to get on the set and be involved in the crash.

The cop driving up on the sidewalk to go around the barricade kinda does **** him. It is reasonable to assume that something going across 4 lanes of traffic means that you aren't supposed to go there.

On the flipside, we are an aweful skiddish bunch after 9/11. Everyone takes the town gank at his word now when he says he'll blow something up. Lord knows he's only said it everyday for the last 20yrs and is no closer to doing it now than he was 20yrs ago.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Amazing how the light was red for the police officer......even he should have come to a near stop before going on through the light.

IMO its his fault 100% the Camaro was only doing what he should have been doing..... well maybe and legally a little slower but yeah its a movie lol

Hopefully they will get this thing worked out real quick.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I just came on here to see if you guys had posted this yet. I've always wondered if stuff like this has ever happened on a set, and now I've actually seen that it does. Unfortunately Bumblebee was involved and it's the second accident on the Transformers 3 set...so I hope they can continue filming the movie with no problems

Here's a better view of the front end damage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7RK6N6y0KI

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
No airbag...so apparently no Onstar call anyway.

Sucks, but life happens. Mistakes were likely made, but I don't think anyone needs to lose their jobs.

It's God's way of punishing Bumblebee's creator for the wing.

Hopefully nobody got hurt.

They will build another 'bee. Maybe. Or CGI him now. :)

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
wow! this filming doesnt seem like it has been going so smoothly lately. how embarassed does that cop feel? wow. bad luck for him.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts