Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
I wonder if that hood is the "production" version for the supercharged version. Hmmmm..

The air splitter on the front is a necessary evil, though. The Mustang had to do that as well to prevent front end lift at speeds over 100 mph, so that's good that they are thinking about that. The fogs and spoiler look different.

I'm not sure I'm sold on those rims on Bumblebee, until I see the car standing still.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but look at those huge fog lamp housings. Look like a Solstice to me. The test mules don't have that lip on them, why should BB have them? I think it looks terrible. I might change my mind with new pics, but I doubt it. Is this what an upgrade might look like for buyers??? Who know.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Yeah, I'm not panicking yet. Spy shots are ok, but when the movie comes out for real, if it looks like crap, then I'll start shouting. :D

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
the wheels look like the convertible concept wheels in chrome. But the body "mods" look to be ugly. I hope Michael Bay doesnt think thats awesome.

·
Registered
318 Posts
yeaa that fog lamp housing looks similar to the over modified accessories photos we saw awhile back...not feeling it at all...

·
Registered
637 Posts
I like the front lip on the car.

The fog lights might actualy be torpedo tubes! :lol:

Remember its a movie, a cheesy movie, but big fun to watch.:hello:

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
That is a bit stange, I guess we will see some better pics soon. I was hoping for production based bumblebee though.

·
2,774 Posts
very interesting...maybe its just product placement for GM's aftermarket for the CAMARO? Or the SS version?

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Alright, maybe you were right.... :D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
God, I hope that is just for the movie and not production!:eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
My first reaction - "WTF DID THEY DO!"

Should've seen this coming... GM can't leave well enough alone.

Z06 = Sleek, muscular, great looking car!

ZR1 = Monstrosity. C'mon, clear lens on hood showing a plastic engine cover? Ugly rear spoiler/side skirts/front lip.

Concept (BB#1) = What we've all come to know and love as the new Camaro

BB#2 = FUGLY! Hood too bulky, looks like something you glue on from a chain auto parts store in the 'ricer' section. The whole front end is... dumb. I don't even think that the front lip is new, just painted black.

If that thing shows up in showrooms I'm going to go buy a SRT8 Challenger. That thing is embarrassing. I wouldn't buy that thing even if it came with Megan Fox! GM better pray to the god of scrawny, punk a$$ "designers" that this is just a Hollywood movie car. BAD GM! BAD! NOW GO LAY DOWN!

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Concept (BB#1) = What we've all come to know and love as the new Camaro

BB#2 = FUGLY! Hood too bulky, looks like something you glue on from a chain auto parts store in the 'ricer' section. The whole front end is... dumb. I don't even think that the front lip is new, just painted black.

If that thing shows up in showrooms I'm going to go buy a SRT8 Challenger. That thing is embarrassing. I wouldn't buy that thing even if it came with Megan Fox! GM better pray to the god of scrawny, punk a$$ "designers" that this is just a Hollywood movie car. BAD GM! BAD! NOW GO LAY DOWN!
I wouldn't worry. Bumblebee is a movie prop.
GM doesn't design the movie cars, the movie studio does.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts