Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
8,984 Posts
I picked one up the other day, but put it back...

·
2,774 Posts
Well OA Cliffjumper was a "brother" small Autobot to Bumblebee so it fits..especially him being another Camaro

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
What do you mean by OA? The only things in common between the original Cliffjumper and Bumblebee were their size and transformation method. They didn't share molds like the original Starscream / Thundercracker / Skywarp, Bluestreak / Prowl or these movie ones do. This Cliffjumper would've been much better had it been another car instead of a direct repaint IMO. Even a simulated 5G Firebird would've worked.

Oh well. BTW, I picked up Bumblebee for my son for Christmas. Thing that sucks is that the windshield / center section of the hood doesn't line up right going back from robot to car.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
I like to see this in the next transformers:

-Bumblebee- Z28
-Cliffjumper- SS
-Hot Rod- ZR-1 vette
-Jazz (resurrected)- XLR

-Skywarp- F-35
-Megatron- Army Prototype Tank
-Soundwave- Changes to environment (ex. satalites, news vans, etc.)

But more than anything I like to hear more dialogue between Decepticons and more Megatron/Starscream bickering.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Well OA Cliffjumper was a "brother" small Autobot to Bumblebee so it fits..especially him being another Camaro
I'm referring to what was in the 2007 movie release. Did anyone else catch a red Camaro brother autobot to Bumblebee in the movie? ;)

·
2,774 Posts
no he was an "off screen" autobot..as they are known in the movie toy lines..

and Chugg..gotta remeber that Bumblebee and Jumper were both redone in red and yellow color changes in the original run swapping thier colors..and there was bumblejumper a third autobot car that also came out in both red and yellow..
as a am now looking at as a company view and not a fan, yes it would be cool to make a new mold for CJ..but thats the fan..the reality is Hasbro is a toy company and trying to squeeze every dime out of every mold..you will see 2-3 repaints of the toy to fit the autobots they want to release..cost effective and if done with the right cars it works..
Look at the Alternator lines of TF with Sideswipe and then Sunstreaker..good repaint. Prime has been done as Ultra Magnus more than I care to remember..

If the bots are similar then yes a repaint fits and better than just not having him offered..would be nice to have the head redone at least but again its a toy company formost.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
and Chugg..gotta remeber that Bumblebee and Jumper were both redone in red and yellow color changes in the original run swapping thier colors..and there was bumblejumper a third autobot car that also came out in both red and yellow..
:confused: In the original run, I don't remember any color swapping -- at least as far as the toys are concerned. Not saying they didn't happen, I just don't think I've seen 'em. I remember Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, obviously, then Hubcab & Goldbug like Pipes was a blue Huffer in the second or third year. And yes, more recently I remember going back and seeing a Bumblejumper had been done. I don't remember the color swaps though.

·
2,774 Posts
:confused: In the original run, I don't remember any color swapping -- at least as far as the toys are concerned. Not saying they didn't happen, I just don't think I've seen 'em. I remember Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, obviously, then Hubcab & Goldbug like Pipes was a blue Huffer in the second or third year. And yes, more recently I remember going back and seeing a Bumblejumper had been done. I don't remember the color swaps though.

I know cus I had a red BB and was my second TF back in the original run:

http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/g1_bumblebee(red).php

yellow Jumper:

http://members.wri.com/jeffb/transformers/Cliffjumper.jpg

Got hound right after that..

and OA..ther is not much about the off screen cars..its just to push the product line..theres like 10 more Autobots or recolored cars..Jazz is now in his original colors..and a few others pop up..Basically Cliffjumper is just himself in movie trim :D

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I know cus I had a red BB and was my second TF back in the original run:

http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/g1_bumblebee(red).php

yellow Jumper:

http://members.wri.com/jeffb/transformers/Cliffjumper.jpg
I honestly had not seen them before now. This line clearly explains why:
It is one of the rarest Minibots – being a leftover from Takara’s ‘Microman’ line.
Thinking about it more, I guess it's possible, though. I mean, there was the whole Rumble / Frenzy - Red / Blue thing. :rotflmao:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts