Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Contracts to produce 2009 Camaro bumpers have been awarded

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/story.html?id=57cca36a-4e05-4530-9b94-9b8ae190f44a&k=53107

Ontario auto parts supplier gets government investment
Chris Vander Doelen, Windsor Star
Published: Tuesday, August 28, 2007
The provincial government will contribute $6 million to a $62 million investment being made by AGS Automotive, which has automotive stamping operations in Windsor and across southern Ontario.

AGS/Tiercon, which also owns plants near Cambridge, Oshawa and Hamilton, has been the successful bidder on a half dozen new supply contracts, including a bumper contract for the Chevrolet Camaro, that will create 344 new jobs.

The Toronto-based company is investing $62 million in new technologies required to fulfill new contracts it has won to supply bumpers for the 2009 Camaro, which will be produced in Oshawa, Ont., the 2009 Hummer H3T, and the 2010 Silverado HD.

Sandra Pupatello, minister of economic development for Ontario, announced the funding this morning at the company's plant in Stoney Creek, near Hamilton.

"Ontario has been the North America's top vehicle producing jurisdiction for three years straight and we're working to keep it that way," Pupatello said.

AGS, is investing the $62 million in new production technologies, coating technologies, and employee training. Most of its supply contracts are with the Detroit Big Three.

AGS supplies about 30 per cent of the chromed bumpers sold in North America, and in addition to its plating business also does parts stamping, painting, plastics, sequencing, and assembly.

Pupatello said the company would be investing the money in all of its Ontario operations.

The company also has plants in Sterling Heights, Mich. and Shreveport, Louisiana, which supply General Motors' Silverado and Canyon truck programs, among other customers. AGS, most of whose 1,200 employees work in Canada, has also won recent contracts to supply parts for the Chevy Cobalt\ Pontiac G5, Chevy HHR, Buick LaCrosse and Allure, Saturn Aura, and a new Chevy crossover yet to be named.

The new contracts will keep AGS workers "very busy" until 2011, the company says.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Holy bumpers, batman!

That tells me that the 2010 silverado HD will get redesigned a bit. Which I'm fine with..the current one looks like it has a lower jaw 4x bigger than its head.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
GEEK!

Ah. The front bumper is the only thing I'd change about the current Silverado..it just looks a little bulgey. I love the Sierra front-end though, FRAKING LOVE IT.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The new Trucks look pretty bad too me..... But i would luv to see SS model with the LS7 ...and if they drop it and a decent body kit a little more exotic then the current ss model with the AWD this truck would ****ing SLAY SRT-10 all day!

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Holy bumpers, batman!

That tells me that the 2010 silverado HD will get redesigned a bit. Which I'm fine with..the current one looks like it has a lower jaw 4x bigger than its head.
Yes they sure missed it with those bulgey looking bumpers it looks like crap on the ends of the bumper with the two big square areas sure hope they change that look. The rest of the truck looks great.:5go:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
That's why if I got one I would HAVE to have foglamps..they break up the hugeness.
The ones on the 1500s aren't that bad..the 2500/3500 are, though.
I also hope they get bigger wheels for the 2500/3500..they are just way too small.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.