Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I buy now by putting in a deposit and picking up when I get back from Iraq locking in a price now or should I purchase end of next year once they have hit the dealership/lot and run risk of possibly higher price?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
I would wait until you get back. And i wouldn't worry to much about price hike. If anything, the prices will drop once the initial demand drops.

And if it helps, there's a member on the site (Eric Hall, I think) who works at Classic Chevrolet that i think might be able to hook you up.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,873 Posts
I would wait until you get back. And i wouldn't worry to much about price hike. If anything, the prices will drop once the initial demand drops.

And if it helps, there's a member on the site (Eric Hall, I think) who works at Classic Chevrolet that i think might be able to hook you up.
:agree::agree:

yup...since you'll be overseas, I wouldn't worry about it until you get back. Put you're down-payment $$ into a CD in the meantime. Even if the sticker price does go up, I doubt it'll be by a lot and they'll be more chance of better incentives because it wont be a brand new model. PLUS, if HUD is something you'd want, it should be available by then.

thanks for your service:patriot::patriot:get home safe!:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea I saw the HUD wouldnt be available till later and yea I think I want that...got kinda spoiled with it in the vette feels wierd to have to look down see my speed when I drive those cars that dont have it...looks like I will be waiting..thanks!
 

·
Resident GTO nutswinger
Joined
·
148 Posts
Or you can even pick up a slightly used one (less than 5k miles) and save a boat load of the MSRP and price hikes. We all know how nicely American cars depreciate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
Depreciation is why I'm thinking about waiting. I don't get home from deployment until about March. Then just wait a bit longer for used cars to go up for sale with some incentives. Trade in the Mustang and get a nice Camaro for way cheaper.

:thumbsup:
 

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
Joined
·
529 Posts
Should I buy now by putting in a deposit and picking up when I get back from Iraq locking in a price now or should I purchase end of next year once they have hit the dealership/lot and run risk of possibly higher price?
I plan on waiting. My vette will be paid for by then, and i can use my paid off buick as a down payment.

I really doubt they'll be higher. by then all pre-orders will be done, and they will have had some time to sit on dealer lots. They should be motivated to sell, especially at the end of the year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
The longer you wait, the more you'll save. Remember, this is not going to be a limited production car. There isn't a single recent American car that sells for used more that what it sold for new. We're not talking Ferrari here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,900 Posts
I have another question for Camaro Scotty. Say I want some accessories (dovetail rear wing spoiler, metal finish fuel door) installed by the time I'm able to take delivery... do you think it's practical to try to coordinate getting those things installed prior to completing the paperwork? It looks like that spoiler will need to be painted to match before installation, btw (listed as "primed" in the 2009 GM performance parts catalog).
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top