Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's a question that many people are divided on. There are so many people that have already said they will buy this car the second it hits the lot. Then I have talked to others and they are in the old belief that you should never buy the first year of anything, so they will wait until the second year so they can "work out the kinks". What are your thougts on this kind of thinking? I guess I could understand if this was twenty years ago, but I'm sure these days, new cars are put together pretty good the first time around. And I'm sure that goes doubly for Chevy and this Camaro.

So who here is going to wait a year, and why?

Sean W

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm waiting for the LS8 or whatever they call the sc 500+ hp motor. I've heard rumors it won't happen till the second year. It will be hard to wait seeing them driving around. Also they should be priced better by year two.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Been there done that. Will wait for year two or maybe even three. More options come out the second year in every model. What price for bragging rights? Don't need to boost the ego and brag this time around. Patience pays off in the end. I will admire the rest of you in yours until mine arrives down the road with a few more bells and whistles. All of this can change as we get closer to production and they reveal a few more of the details.

·
Registered
601 Posts
If I would have waited for the 06 GTO instead of getting my 05 in late March early April of 05, I could have saved a lot of $. 29995 instead of $32690 and 0 percent instead of 6.5. I can't think for one second that there will be any discounts on the 2010 Camaro. I doubt we will even be able to use any flexable earning points from our GM credit card.
I will hang out at the car washes and dealership to envy the first Camaros.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
First year for me. Maybe a few months in after the hype dies down, and the prices aren't completely unreasonable. But I've been waiting too long already, can't wait any more than I need to.

I want a coupe, and not top dog, but middle V8 one, so I'll be happy with first year. I cant imagine there will be too many issues that will make it bothersome, as far as build quality goes.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
First year for me. Maybe a few months in after the hype dies down, and the prices aren't completely unreasonable. But I've been waiting too long already, can't wait any more than I need to.

I want a coupe, and not top dog, but middle V8 one, so I'll be happy with first year. I cant imagine there will be too many issues that will make it bothersome, as far as build quality goes.
i'm with you. i was initially gonna wait for the second year to come out so i could get the rumored "top dog" ...but when the new Camaro hits the streets i don't think i'll be able to wait. i'm just too excited about this car!! i am probably gonna lease a first year Camaro, and then do a traditional finance on one in 2011 or 2012. :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
i'm with you. i was initially gonna wait for the second year to come out so i could get the rumored "top dog" ...but when the new Camaro hits the streets i don't think i'll be able to wait. i'm just too excited about this car!! i am probably gonna lease a first year Camaro, and then do a traditional finance on one in 2011 or 2012. :D
That's a good idea that I never thought of. Lease one for a year, that way I can finish paying off my GTO and keep it and have a new Camaro. I want a 500+hp LS8 Camaro and I'm keeping my GTO too.

·
Registered
601 Posts
you guys must be rich,damm i wish i could afford a 1 year lease on a 30,000+ car your probally looking at 700 a month w/5,000 down....lol
I've got the downpayment. If I have to I will move in with my brother or anyone else that will take me. Like I did when I bought my GTO brand new. If I must I will sleep in it, but I will have both the GTO and a new Camaro. I may have to work 2-3 jobs but whatever it takes I will do.
I'm not rich, I just don't have any kids and work hard for what I have.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am probably going to wait until 3rd or 4th year. I want to see what they will have by that point and they should have all the bugs ironed out plus I am not rich and have to support two people (my wife (going through school) and child). Also I dont like buying first year cars... too many bugs normally.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.