Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hate my life right now. sorry to sound so emo. but i was stupid this past february and bought a car with my dad as a cosigner. the "cop attractant red" firebird, it was everything i wanted (well, of course i wanted a trans am but wanted a v6 so that i didnt blow all my money modding... bc i would have ) history- my dad is a lying sack of dog ****. he goes back on everything he says. so i guess this was my fault for doing this with him. its my fault for believeing him. also, i make payments myself, insurance myself, mods myself, shop myself and everything myself, so dont start thinking i got it handed to me. i worked for my baby. and now shes being taken away.
i bought the car when i was in my frehsman yearr of college. so i only drove it the weekends i went home. when summer came, he put restrictions on my driving... yeah, im 19 and had a curfew. i wasnt allowed to have ym car past midnight, tho i could saty out as late as i wanted. so i told my dad last week, school sent me an email that i can buy my parking pass now. he said **** no ur not taking ur car to college. when he said last year when i first bought it that i could. he goes back on everything he says. i go to school ok? last year i got out of class at 5 and would work until 4 am every single ****ing night to get this car. i worked 2 jobs over summer doing **** i hated for this ****ing car. why the **** would i pay for a car that i cant even drive? its sitting at home rotting away. and i cant even drive her. so my dad said fine if thats the way u want to act, then ill give u the $2100 u have invested into payments and ill take the car. so thats it. and if that $2100 comes it will be amazing. i have $1800 in the bank plus $2100 ill be getting leaving me with $3900 to get a ****ing v8 beotches!!!!! yeah, i got sick of that lack of speed and modding capabilities. even tho my bird got me away from the piggys and beat the v8 stangs. she served me good. but its time to go fast bitches. im looking at the bright side. and the bright side is im getting a trans am or z28. so anyone with the price range of $3000 with a not so perfect trans am or z28 that needs work that transamsam98 can help me out on (hes my boyfriend, hes on here, you prob know him) then PM me. because im itching for a new car. dont get me wrong. that car meant the world to me. i love her. but i loathed her as well. the restrictions my dad made made me grow to hate her. so sorry this is so long. im jsut really angry and sad right now. because im going to miss my baby.

·
Registered
157 Posts
my apologies to hear about a parent who was more of a hobo then a father.

i know where your coming from, sadly when i had my eighty eight olds royale, i had to be home by 8PM and i was 22....now keep in mind it was a 6 cyl, with 160k miles, and in NO way performance (the speedometer stopped at 90).

or or or, when i bought my gpa's car (91 honda), within 2 weeks of getting it being told and WITH WRITING that anything that breaks in the car within 2 months of purchase will be paid in full by him, not me....well, a week into getting the car im pulling out of my driveway and boom, car overheats, smoke pouring out the hood, and i cant get the car to turn over....ring ring, phone call to gpa? his response..."well, thats tough, but whats tougher is me saying i aint fixing anything, have fun with that lemon"....

yea...gonna be fun seeing him at xmas...gonna show him a lemon, gonna use lemon juice in december on his new cadillac CTS and see if he likes being a jerkoff.

karmas a *****, and she isnt a female dog ;)

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
well i hope you get your money from your "dad" and you get a great deal on a z..

keep your chin up sista!

·
8,984 Posts
****!:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles, Tiffany but you sound like you've got a great head on your shoulders. Hang in there and remember you can always hang out here on the boards if you need to rant.;)

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Sucks to hear about that car situation. :(

But good to hear that you're making the most of it with future plans!
That's the right attitude to have, rather than "wallowing in the mire", just put it behind you and look to the future. Right on! :thumbsup:

Getting into another f-body is a great way to put the knowledge you've gained with this car to good use. Unfortunately, a $3,000 car is going to have problems, bottom line. So unless you're prepared to deal with that, perhaps look into getting a loan and getting a better car to start out with.

But which ever route ends up working for you, best of luck! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I see older Civics and Cavaliers on the road at an equal amount. But... other than that, when's the last time you saw a Corsica or something similar?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Must be New York then... :p

I don't think any older GM cars could survive 10 years in our winters...

·
8,984 Posts
Talk about the deadwood floating around here today.....WOW

Tiff, you might be able to make a good down payment on a late 90's F-body and finance the rest, but definitely STAY IN COLLEGE!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Linfone. Apparently you missed Gomerr's post above. Try reading it and then post that comment about getting a Honda for reliability.
Just read his post. Well, some cars just die... I don't remember anyone in our family having an engine explode on us. But I guess we were lucky.

Just to clarify... we have a '90 Lexus LS400, a '96 Lexus SC300, '95 4Runner, 2 Camrys, an Accord, an 80s Civic that lasted until 98 before it was totaled, and older BMWs and Benzs.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Must be New York then... :p

I don't think any older GM cars could survive 10 years in our winters...
Really? Is that why my mom used to own a 1991 Lumina when she used to live in Indiana? That car had close to 200,000 miles on it and she didn't have a single problem with it. She drove that car almost 3,000 miles out here to Phoenix in 2003 without any problems. The suspension of the car finally broke in 2004 because important parts that had worn out or rusted weren't replaced when they should've been. My mom got rid of that car when the suspension broke. If I had been living here (I moved here in 2005) I would've been able to replace the parts for her and keep that car going. Who knows where it is now, but it was a great car with lots of interior room and plenty of power under the hood.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Really? Is that why my mom used to own a 1991 Lumina when she used to live in Indiana? That car had close to 200,000 miles on it and she didn't have a single problem with it. She drove that car almost 3,000 miles out here to Phoenix in 2003 without any problems. The suspension of the car finally broke in 2004 because important parts that had worn out or rusted weren't replaced when they should've been. My mom got rid of that car when the suspension broke. If I had been living here (I moved here in 2005) I would've been able to replace the parts for her and keep that car going. Who knows where it is now, but it was a great car with lots of interior room and plenty of power under the hood.
I've always believed reliability to be a car by car basis. In that sense, it's always a crap shoot: sometimes you find a junker, sometimes it finds you. The only way to gauge is reputation.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
If your dad cosigned with you, then you make have some of your credit tied up in that car until its paid off. Sorry to hear about that.

Now, go buy a $100 junker that barly runs and smokes like a train and tell him you got a new car to drive to college that is much safer than driving that reliable firebird.:D

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
You know you CAN call the bank to see if they'll transfer the car loan into just your name and remove your dad as cosigner. If you've been paying for 6 months or so they'll probably let you.

You need to realize you're over the age of 18 and not living at home. Stand up for yourself for chrisakes.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts