Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C6 OR C5? well soon as the c6 came out i was really digging it and now its just seems like a water-down viper. C5 on the other hand is appealing to me more now... maybe the fact it looks more unique then the current corvette. nothing wrong with putting a ls-7 or a ls-3 in a c5 :) but yeah tell me what you think about the new corvette styling and if it was for the better or not

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
After getting over the demise of the flip-up headlights, the C6 is by far an improvement over the C5 IMO. In base form, it's sleeker and sexier. Z06 / ZR1... ****... flat out more intimidating. Don't get me wrong, the C5 is a nice ride that I wouldn't turn down. But it suffered from the same thing that many of the 90's - early 00's era GM vehicles suffered from -- relative to generations before and after, it was just bland and lacking that extra substance that makes up the vehicle's identity.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
As with any new Corvette re-style, it takes time to get used to. I thought the lack of hidden H/L was going to be a mistake, but after seeing the car in person, I was hooked! I also like the sharper lines and ROUND, not OVAL tailamps!

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
As the owner of a C4, and the friend of C5 owners and C6 owners, I have to say I like the C6 better. Having had to repair the motors on both of my flip up headlights, I'm glad they are gone. :D

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
I never cared for the C5 much. I like the C6 but still don't see myself owning one. I guess I'm stuck on the F bodies.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Nice to hear what you guys think but more i see the C6 more it reminds me of water down viper which is painful to me.
Even the Viper is now a watered down version of the Viper. :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
i own a c5, would rather have a c6 a 100 times over,
but would rather wait for 010 camaro.
my c5 has bolt ons' and a ls6 cam/ls6 intake and z06 ti exhaust with a tune
it runs strong but i will buy a camaro instead

·
Registered
523 Posts
i like the corvette but the hideaway headlights are a tradition for the vette they never should have changed it the otherday when it was like 60 outside i seen a car while cruising town with my family my wife thought it was a ferrari i thought it was a viper then both saw it was a C6 vette. come on CHEVY get real, stop changing your cool cars,stay with RWD and dominate as usual.

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
Obvisiously i'm partial to my C5 over a C6.

I respect the performance & technological advances of the C6, but i just can't bring myself to trade my C5 in for one.

IMO the C6 has a flat azz, is too small, more narrow, and taller than a C5. Not what comes to mind when i think of a sports car. I like my cars like i like my women, big and curvy!

I dont mind the exposed headlights but that grille looks like a big smile. Again i think a sports car should have a more menacing look. That's why i'm buying a new camaro instead of c6. I might consider a Z06 or even ZR1 but not at mrsp.

Just my .02

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't get a C6 if you don't like it. You have to like the car.
its not that i dont like it... its more that it looks less unique and reminds me of a viper then anything..... the c5 is in my opinion the best looking vette but needs 2 be built better..... like maybe gm could build corvette c5 classic as they did with the silverado's

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I never really liked the vettes until the C5 came out and I like the C6 even more. I have always like the 63 split window though. I have always been just a major Camaro fanatic. To me there is no other muscle car to park in my driveway. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.