Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
C7 not scheduled to arrive until 2012.

I think it's someone who saw a movie car and thinks it's the C7.

Flying the BS flag on this one for now......
Correct. Found out today it is more like 2013/14 :eek:

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Looks like a hot wheels car. Here's the only pic I've seen of what is SUPPOSEDLY an artists rendering of the C7 concept:

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Well I dont think a C7 isnt too far fetch, after all the Camaro was in the last one.

Camaro movie appearance : Car Release = 2007 : 2010MY

C7 movie appearance : Car Release = 2009 : 2013MY?

The time differences are not that bad/

Plus, movie hype doesnt just send the average joe down to the dealership asking about the car that isnt out yet; it send feed back to GM. When BB made his debut as the 5th gen, standing ovation was GM's feed back. Maybe thats the game plan for the Corvette.

·
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I dont think a C7 isnt too far fetch, after all the Camaro was in the last one.

Camaro movie appearance : Car Release = 2007 : 2010MY

C7 movie appearance : Car Release = 2009 : 2013MY?

The time differences are not that bad/

Plus, movie hype doesnt just send the average joe down to the dealership asking about the car that isnt out yet; it send feed back to GM. When BB made his debut as the 5th gen, standing ovation was GM's feed back. Maybe thats the game plan for the Corvette.
Camaro appeared in 2007 and will be on showroom floors 1st quarter 2009, much closer than any C7 in a 2009 film :D

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Oh NO chip foose painting a vette, i'm sure it will have horrible looking wheels. I hate the wheels that guy uses.

·
Registered
11 Posts
From what I've seen, I wouldn't call it anything else. It's a C7. Looks pretty good so far!

The only other thing I would call it would be a Cadillac XLR (Corvette Cousin). But I really don't think it would be marketed in a Transformers movie.

·
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From what I've seen, I wouldn't call it anything else. It's a C7. Looks pretty good so far!

The only other thing I would call it would be a Cadillac XLR (Corvette Cousin). But I really don't think it would be marketed in a Transformers movie.
You seem pretty confident about that. You wouldn't find it odd for GM to allow the C7 design to be so public 5-6 years early?

·
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I suppose that is a possibility, never thought about that.
Odd (but unique) way of debuting a concept car.

I guess we'll have to play the "wait-and-see" game. :)
Maybe. You'd think a Corvette concept car ( or any concept for that matter ) would be pretty valuable to allow a transport company to truck it around for movie shoots :lookandleave:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts