Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes, like Lazarus, dead cars rise again.

We've learned from an inside source at General Motors, a person close to the project, that the electric Cadillac Converj luxury coupe is now back in the GM product plan.

The Converj was recently approved for production by GM product executives. It will likely launch in 2013 as a 2014 model, though it may end up with a Cadillac-style three-letter model name.

Read more: Cadillac Reportedly to Build Chevy Volt-Based Car - FoxNews.com

·
Registered
715 Posts
Did Cadillac learn nothing when it slapped Cadillac emblems on a four door Cavalier with leather seats and called it the Cimerron? The core Cadillac buy is not interested in compact cars, no matter how eco-friendly they are.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Cadillac is already coming out with a compact RWD ATS and also a smaller version of ATS.

I think the car in question is alot different from the comparison of the past, but it should be AWD. I think a luxury car should be AWD or RWD. FWD is for economy cars. Back when the other car was tried. It was too cheap looking and Cadillac was a brand for older people. Cadillac has moved to a younger crownd now days and the Volt I believe is a car worthy of the Cadillac name being one of the most advanced cars.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I would say a volt-based car is definitely different from a bottom level car like the ATS

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Did Cadillac learn nothing when it slapped Cadillac emblems on a four door Cavalier with leather seats and called it the Cimerron? The core Cadillac buy is not interested in compact cars, no matter how eco-friendly they are.
This isn't the 80's.

·
8,984 Posts
I think that might have been true at one time, but the Original CTS "buy" has proved that wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts