Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm looking at the CAI Cold Air Intake (Black Powder Coat, love the subtle look :cool:), and was wondering if anyone has a discount code? And/or if they know of any sales or group deals coming up.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
We currently have a March Madness Sale going on with the K&N AirCharger Intake Kit,

March Madness Sale Price $279.99 with free shipping

A sister product to K&N's 57 Series FIPK, K&N's 63 Series AirCharger® Intake Kits are guaranteed (by K&N) to increase horsepower and come with K&N's Million Mile Limited Warranty. K&N intake systems replace your vehicle's restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. K&N intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction as they smooth and straighten air flow. This allows your vehicle's engine to inhale a larger amount of air than the OEM air filter assembly. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine's RPM range. The filters on these kits are washable and reusable. Most of K&N's intake kits are relatively easy to install using tools commonly available. The 63 Series Intakes are street legal in most states. They are not legal for use in California and other states adopting California emission standards.

Part 63-3074 Product Specifications

Estimated Horsepower Gain: 18.62 HP @ 5161 RPM

Weight: 11.4 lb

Thanks,
Mike

GmPartsDirect.com

·
Banned
100 Posts
Our system gets 14 HP to the wheels. Our results are not "estimated" but are actual test results taken from a 3rd party on a load cell chassis dyno with the hood closed. Many companies advertise HP gains that are unrealistic based off #"s to the crank not the wheels, and do testing with the hood open (also un-realistic driving conditions) hope this info helps! Also, the black systems are flying off the shelf so get that order in quick, we still have a few in stock!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Our system gets 14 HP to the wheels. Our results are not "estimated" but are actual test results taken from a 3rd party on a load cell chassis dyno with the hood closed. Many companies advertise HP gains that are unrealistic based off #"s to the crank not the wheels, and do testing with the hood open (also un-realistic driving conditions) hope this info helps! Also, the black systems are flying off the shelf so get that order in quick, we still have a few in stock!!
How much $$$???

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just installed a CAI should I be following the instructions in the air filter box (washing,oiling) or should I be spraying oil on the filter it was easy to install it took about 45 mins and I took my time

·
Registered
181 Posts
16 RWHP increase here, I want black...

·
Banned
100 Posts
Hey all, I'm looking at the CAI Cold Air Intake (Black Powder Coat, love the subtle look :cool:), and was wondering if anyone has a discount code? And/or if they know of any sales or group deals coming up.

Thanks!!
FYI - Our dealers all agree to a MAP Policy that basically does not allow them to advertise our systems for less than the retail price, so there will not be any group buy discounts or sales coming up. We do this so all dealers have an equal opportunity to have success with our products. Some dealers do offer free shipping from time to time, but the system price should always be the same. They sell for $399 in silver and $449 for the black. Hope this helps!

·
Banned
100 Posts
I just installed a CAI should I be following the instructions in the air filter box (washing,oiling) or should I be spraying oil on the filter it was easy to install it took about 45 mins and I took my time
All you need to do is follow the instructions included, there are also instructions on the labels of the bottles that come with our recharge kit. We have the cleaning solution and oil (recharge kit) that is meant to be used with the filter available for sale on our website, here is the direct link for it:
http://www.coldairinductions.com/filter-recharge-kit

Basically you are going to clean the filter with the cleaning solution, let the filter air dry, and then oil it on the edges of each pleat letting the oil seap through the pleat. Just be careful not to over oil it. If you rub your hand on the inside of the filter after oiling it your hand should not come covered with the oil. You can also buy a replacement filter if you do not want to deal with recharging it yourself.

Hope this helps!!

·
Banned
100 Posts
are you the same hylton on teamtech camaro
No I am not, but there are not to many Hyltons spelled that way so I would be curious to see who it is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
CAI intake = Quality Piece

1 - 14 of 14 Posts