Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my first mod... installed the CAI this morning. I hadn't done the bottle relocation or the scoop yet, both boxes are sitting in my living room looking pissed they didn't go on... but I have an appointment this afternoon to get my Borla S type catback installed.... so maybe tomorrow if the weather holds...

Anyway... initial impressions are that you can sure hear that air now. Install was easy, although the air sensor screws didn't fit quite right, skewed just a bit, but non-the-less, everything bolted on very easy, took about 1/2 an hour taking my time, and I couldn't be happier. Appearance is slick, parts are well made and sturdy (besides the sensor screws), and everything fit together as expected.

Final verdict.... 5 stars :thumbsup: .... and I guess they were right... the CAI you choose is going to be the best one for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Borla "S" Type Cat Back - Done

First off... Much props to Troy... GM of Midas-Dale City (2810 Metro Plaza
Dale City).... $200 for Borla S Type Cat Back install, and while they had it on the lift, installed the Skip Shift Eliminator.

First Impression - I'm in love. I mean, I was in love before... but OMG, is this the same car?

Tone - deep deep mellow mellow... no rasp at all. I had a SLP LM on my 97 Trans Am... this is uncompilable. It just sounds like a muscle car should. Very happy I went middle of the road with Borla... I can only imagine once the pipes get seasoned what it's going to sound like.

Hats off to APEX too... Unbelievably fast shipping, great CS, and great selection. Thanks Chase.

Now, if ya'll will excuse me... I'm going to take a nice long drive :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah... I'll get some pics up tomorrow. Going to install the Hurst tomorrow afternoon, and if I have time, the scoop and the bottle.

Took a nice long run this evening. Un-f'ing believable. She definitely woke up... and it's so nice to be able to hear her heart beat. The sound of the Borla is like an orgasmic course of 100 lovers climaxing at the same time. I'm going to have to start keeping Kleenex in the glove box :)

And it goes without saying that the skip shift eliminator made leaving red lights at a slow roll a joy again. **** that CAGS... you are but a memory.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hats off to APEX too... Unbelievably fast shipping, great CS, and great selection. Thanks Chase.

Now, if ya'll will excuse me... I'm going to take a nice long drive :thumbsup:
Thank you for your business and the props. I am glad to see that you are happy with your upgrades and your experience with Apex. Now go have some fun!!!

·
ユキヒョウ
1,440 Posts
Ah, mod fever....Very dangerouse disease, creeps up on you quietly, and then WHAMO!!!! :devil:

Oh, if you think you like her now...just wait 'til you get the Hurst installed :gears: :D

·
ユキヒョウ
1,440 Posts
What the heck is a skip shift eliminator?
On our V8 (not sure about the V6's) manual transmission vehicles, our manual 6spd transmissions have a feature under certain conditions from a standing start forces a 1st to 4th shift, aka "skip shift". It's very annoying. So a "skip shift" eliminator is a quick modification that does just.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah [email protected] and i've gotten a ton of compliments on it. It's one of the most well made CAI boxes anyone has seen and it fits like a glove. I did the w/w relocation and air scoop last night, and you can really feel that air move through that car now. Hadn't had much time to play with it, but seat of the pant gains too and from work were well worth freezing my tail off all night last night installing everything :)

·
Banned
100 Posts
Yeah [email protected] and i've gotten a ton of compliments on it. It's one of the most well made CAI boxes anyone has seen and it fits like a glove. I did the w/w relocation and air scoop last night, and you can really feel that air move through that car now. Hadn't had much time to play with it, but seat of the pant gains too and from work were well worth freezing my tail off all night last night installing everything :)
Thats great, thank you for choosing CAI Inc.! Do you have any pictures of it installed?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will take more tomorrow

Here's one before I did the water bottle relo, and one during the process with the bottle on the side. Unfortunantly it was absolutly freezing outside, so I didn't take as many pictures of the works as I should have.

I will tell you I just completed a 2200 mile trip and I got 20.9 miles to the gallon :thumbsup:

I will take some more tomorrow and post up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
yes you are screwed !! Mod fever is a dangerous virus
I started out with the Cold air inductions CAI and was like awesome then spintech cat back then lowering springs pfadt 1.25 inch drop then adm air scoop washer re location then american racing long tube headers and a 3 inch X pipe plus lighting mods galore then after all that a turbonetics t 76 who knows whats next forged internals ? LSX block ? wife kills me ? well see.........

CAI is quality people and products

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pics

As promised... some picks of the CAI installed as well as a nice shot of my car by the beach. :cool:

Attachments

·
Banned
100 Posts
As promised... some picks of the CAI installed as well as a nice shot of my car by the beach. :cool:
Awesome!! Thanks again for choosing CAI Inc.! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Its time for headers now.

ARH or Kook's they are both top notch.

I have ARH 1 7/8" headers with the Borla S exhaust and it sounds perfect. I know some tricks if you are getting drone, PM me and I will tell you them

1 - 20 of 23 Posts