Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to paint my CAI tube - currently, it is polished aluminum I believe, attached is a picture of the engine bay. Am I able to use VHT engine enamel to paint this? I am going to use the VHT (flat black) to paint my throttle body and if I can paint both at once and only take apart the air intake and TB once, that would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im sure it shouldnt be a problem, Make sure you prep the tube correctly for paint! and make sure the paint can withstand some heat! Post pics of finished product!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, cool, I will give this a try, thanks!

When you say prep for paint, you mean clean thoroughly of grease and dirt and scuff with sandpaper a bit, correct? Anything else I should do?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
498 Posts
ever thought of having it powder coated?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
328 Posts
OK, this seems perfect - this was what I was unsure about: whether or not to prime. Should I use this to prime the throttle body as well?
Yes it will be fine. You always need a self etching primer for proper adhesion when painting aluminum. There are a few other brands in spray cans that will work too. Duplicolor claims this stuff is good for plastic too. We usually use stuff called "Bulldog Adhesion Promoter" on plastic bumpers and such. Hope this helps.
--Randy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
finished

Ok, got everything done this past weekend, here are the results:

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Real good!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks good. I like mine in the polished silver
That is what mine used to look like, I think the black looks a lot sharper, and more badass! :cool:

And thanks for the feedback everyone! I appreciate it!! :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts