Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
i recently had some issues with my K&N setting off codes, but that was because i didn't reset the ECM, did that and now it works perfect, very noticeable increase in power

·
Registered
138 Posts
Are you going to do a tune or modifications that will re quire a tune in the future? I think they will all breath well. Some more than others. What are your plans for the car?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im putting a complete slp exhaust on the car as well as trailing arms and toe arms. i want to put gears cam and nitrous in the future.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If those are the items your going to do i would get a tune to get all the benefits out of those mods. You will need one for the nitrous anyway. Have you purchased all of those items yet? Little info on our CAI. it has made up to 3lbs of more boost on a magnacharged car. Once your tuner See's the airflow you will really know how good it is. Very easy to tune it. Pm me for more info. thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have purchased trailing arms, toe arm, slp exhaust and 4.10 gears but i don't think im going with nitrous anymore im thinking about getting a supercharger.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how is it worthless without pics im asking for advice on where i should go from here. i dont have the supercharger yet

·
Registered
589 Posts
New Era produced the coldest intake numbers. Im switching to them as I would suspect that a dyno isnt going to be the best way to determine which is doing the best job...seeing as you see over 100mph at the track. Ill take the coldest air charge over dyno hp numbers.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
New Era produced the coldest intake numbers. Im switching to them as I would suspect that a dyno isnt going to be the best way to determine which is doing the best job...seeing as you see over 100mph at the track. Ill take the coldest air charge over dyno hp numbers.
keep in mind, those 2 v8 tests were taken on different days. what you should look at for coldest IATs is which had lower IATS versus the stock intake as a control

also, the time of the day they took each test. if they started with the stock intake in the cold morning and finished everyone by the late afternoon, the temp throughout the day would have increased... so take those IATs with a grain of salt :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts