Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new here, great site. I have a 45th Anniverary SS/RS, my first Camaro, and I've just had it for about a month. My question is, I have a catback exhaust with 40 series flowmasters. I like the sound as it is. I looking to install a CAI. Someone told me that this change's the sound a little, and put's more sound up front. Is that right? Or is it not enough to make a difference?

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Can't give you an answer for your questions but I know a lot of good people here that can!
BTW...Welcome, nice car!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
A CAI will make your car a bit louder...you'll hear it. Nothing super crazy, but definitely noticeable. And the engine will roar a bit more dominantly as well!! You're gonna love it!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Worth the money for sure. I have a CAI brand one. Made it more throaty. If going with this brand definitely worth the extra cash for the washer fluid bottle relocation kit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It will sound a little different. I immediately noticed the sound of it sucking in air. Similar to that of a vacuum cleaner. Not the noise from one but the suction sound from the wand. It definitely sounds good and more aggressive than stock. Plus you notice a bit more in the seat of your pants feel when you get on the throttle.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have Cold Air Inductions CAI installed on my LT and my husband has one installed on his SS. Definiatly gives it a little more rumble. I really noticed it with my LT as I still have the stock exhaust. Gives his SS a deeper sound with the Solo cat back he has installed.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Worth the money for sure. I have a CAI brand one. Made it more throaty. If going with this brand definitely worth the extra cash for the washer fluid bottle relocation kit.
Thanks for choosing CAI Inc, glad to hear you are happy!

Thank's for the info. Will take a look at the CAI brand.
Let us know if you have any questions, hands down we have one of the most popular and proven systems for your vehicle. Don't hesitate to give us a call if you need anything. :thumbsup:

I have Cold Air Inductions CAI installed on my LT and my husband has one installed on his SS. Definiatly gives it a little more rumble. I really noticed it with my LT as I still have the stock exhaust. Gives his SS a deeper sound with the Solo cat back he has installed.
Thank you both for choosing CAI Inc.! We really appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are both happy with our products! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
425 Posts
It will not give you much more sound. But it shines when you take off at a light that's when it will roar and thats when you will hear a diffrents. I have one and love it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CAI

A good CAI will improve your sound and give it a bit of depth...a crappy one will change the sound but in a bad way so just be careful and don't go for the cheap stuff with the assumption that they will all do the same thing.
Envy, what's your opinion of the CAI: brand?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts