Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why anyone would want a $305,000 car that doesn't have a windshield is beyond me. I've dreamt of being a millionaire and buying lots of cars, but I think the Ariel Atom and maybe an old F1 car are the only ones that didn't have glass in the front.

Anyways, in the article in Motor Trend, it says some neat things about the LS3, if that actually gets to be in the Camaro...

"Threatening to bust right through that impudent hood bulge is an all-alloy, 6.2-liter V-8 (the new LS3 from the 2008 Vette) that's force-fed 10 psi of boost via a three-lobe, Roots-style Eaton supercharger and an air-water intercooler-yielding 700 horsepower at 6200 rpm and 660 pound-feet of torque at 4750. Callaway says the Atomic Roo-er, Speedster-will do 0 to 60 mph in a mere 3.2 seconds and blaze the quarter in just under 11 seconds at 128 mph. Claimed top speed: more than 210 mph."

Sounds nice.

Here's the article if you are interested...
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/exotic/112_0708_2008_callaway_c16_speedster_first_drive

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
210 mph in an open cockpit with no roll bars...at least you can wear the ugly helmet so someone can carry your head back to the morgue after a crash.

$305K and the car is as ugly as sin. If/when they sell one, the Callaway guys will be laughing their @sses off all the way to the bank.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
With 700 horsepower it better be better than "just under 11 seconds", it should be "just under 10". Hell a 505hp zo6 can do 10.8 with a CAI and DRs. I never like callaways; they always completely change the cues of the car. The only callaway i would drive would be a 9 iron.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts