Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 69 Camaros front driver side caliper is locking up,, this only occurs when the car is driven for around 15 minutes or so and then the front end starts shaking and it feels like the emergency brake is engaged,,
replaced the brake hose first,, when we took off the brake hose nothing came out of the brake line,, which I found odd,, the brake caliper doesnt seem to be bad and its quite new, although I suppose it could be a sticking caliper my buddy thinks it isnt, one guy I know looked at the car and claimed its my headers causing the fluid to expand and causing the lock up. I have hooker super comps un coated and a roughly 370 horse smallblock the hscs are long tube headers,, could it be the heat? it seems unlikely to me,, I think maybe a bad master,,ill probably replace the caliper this week first I guess,, I guess I ll try to bleed it out and put in higher heat brake fluid like dot 4 or dot 5,, im just confused if it were a sticking caliper why does it do the same thing everytime,, somethings weird,,it seemed like a brake hose collapsed from inside but thats not it,, any ideas? any help will be greatly appreciated. The motor and the brake conversion have been done for a long time so I dont why it would just happen all of a sudden if it were header heat which I think is far fetched,,

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know the fix!

I'd tell you but I just hate the Yankees that much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts