Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at putting a cam in my M6. I'm looking for a good N/A cam for road track racing. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i did a cam in my car. get ahold of chucks tuning. hes a sponsor on here. i have his stage 2 package. putting out 460 rwhp and 431 ft lb tq. and it sounds great with my borla headers and catback.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
if you want a good cam, the guys at Texas Speed know too much on the subject!

they do custom grinds, you tell them what your after and they build it to spec!

one other one i would recommend is the LG Motorsports G6x3 cam... that thing is a BEAST!

be sure to buy a complete kit with new valve springs, pushrods, titanium retainers, etc...

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
are u talking about chuck from corvettes of westchester?
nope, he was talking about a different chuck. but the chuck YOU are talking about also has a custom grind cam that's SICK. It'll be in my car probably in the spring.;)

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
are u talking about chuck from corvettes of westchester?
No diffferent Chuck however if you know COW then go with his Cam and his Tune :thumbsup:

I recommend anyone with an automatic to run his transmission Tune its very Animalistic ( yes thats a word when we are talking about a Cow Tune )

Chuck knows how to tune with his Cams.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha animalistic i love it! im heading up their in a couple of weeks to get my car tune and ill find out about his cam.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Give us a call and we can discuss the details of what you want and like and help you select the perfect cam for you and what you want out of it. Cam's are something you want to plan ahead for. Know your goals and desires from the car.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
if you want a good cam, the guys at Texas Speed know too much on the subject!

they do custom grinds, you tell them what your after and they build it to spec!

one other one i would recommend is the LG Motorsports G6x3 cam... that thing is a BEAST!

be sure to buy a complete kit with new valve springs, pushrods, titanium retainers, etc...
texas speed is actually where chucks tuning gets his packages from. and comp cam makes the cams.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
texas speed is actually where chucks tuning gets his packages from. and comp cam makes the cams.
well then no reason NOT to cut out the middle man, unless of course that is where you want it installed and tuned! :5go:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
well then no reason NOT to cut out the middle man, unless of course that is where you want it installed and tuned! :5go:
this is true.when i got my cam i was still fairly new to the "internal mod" game, so i went with what got good reviews and later found out it was a texas speed package. still was a great deal. just as good as buying it through texas speed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
How many other manufacturers are making aftermarket cams besides comp cam?... Let's see how smart you guys are. ;)

I will tip you off by saying there are a handful that custom grind cams. But they sure don't make the cam.

Many of the off the shelf cams are great. But if you have the cash and want to go that extra mile, a custom grind is the way to go. Ed Curtis has done amazing things for customers of ours in the past. But that won't be the cheapest way to go. I personally have an off the shelf cam in my GTO. I am making amazing power and I run faster than most others in my power range. It's not all about the cam. Suspension is very important. but if you love cruising into a show with the car rumbling, nothing beats a big stick and cutoffs to turn everyone's head!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts