Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Camaro RS at Woodward!

For those of you traveling to the Woodward Dream Cruise -- don't forget to stop by Athens Coney Island in Birmingham to check out the GM Display - and a new Victory Red Camaro RS -- it will be there Friday and Saturday.

......and while you're there, you'll see a GREAT billboard at 555 Woodward Avenue -- if you like what you see, it will be available on www.chevymall.com next week!

Collector Series Camaro Guitar

Here's something for those of you who collect "All Things Camaro" -- or that play a guitar.............

MSRP is still being discussed -- but it's our understanding that the guitar will be priced in the $250 range.....but also includes a group of DVDs on how to play a guitar as well as several accessories.

Note that there is a limited run of 25,000 guitars -- each individually numbered..... and they will most likely sell out during the telecast. (the El Dorado and Impala Guitars did!)

The finish is in 'Solar Flare' metallic with Cyber Gray dual stripes -- very much like the Camaro Concept convertible. The name "Camaro" is proudly displayed in the Fret Board and again on the back where you'll find a drawing of the Camaro Concept.

Please tune in to Home Shopping Network on Friday, August 22nd -- first showing is at 12:01am Friday morning -- the last show is Friday evening at 11pm.

Guitar Details: Esteban Camaro Collector Series Guitar

Tune in Friday, August 22nd at 12:01am EST on HSN (Home Shopping Network) to catch the premiere of the Officially Licensed Camaro Guitar by Esteban. (Live air times on Friday, Aug 22: 12:01am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm, 9pm and 11pm Eastern)

An exclusive opportunity for you to own the only officially licensed Camaro Guitar and capture the essence of Camaro, only from HSN. The guitar was designed with SangYup Lee (Design Manager) and Tom Peters (Design Director) who both were part of the amazing design team for the Camaro Concept Car. This is the most eye-catching guitar that Esteban has ever offered. From the two-tone top and custom inlay fret board to the exclusive saddle and concept drawing replicated on back, everything captures the essence of the Camaro. This is the 5th in the Esteban guitar GM Collector Series, all previous sold out in their premiere. This is an all wood acoustic and electric guitar. It is a limited edition with a numbered certificate of authenticity. This guitar was designed to salute the Camaro, “The Definition of the 21st Century Sports Car”.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
:drool:I definitely want a sunroof on mine. BTW that Camaro stool at the Chevy Mall has really caught my attention.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thats the only camaro that will be at the Dream Cruise? I was hoping for more, like the SS from Canada. Can't they bring that down? Its not that far. Oh well, I guess I can't complain too much. One is better than none. Saw the orange vert. concept last year at the Dream Cruise and was blown away! Hope this one does the same!

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Thats the only camaro that will be at the Dream Cruise? I was hoping for more, like the SS from Canada. Can't they bring that down? Its not that far. Oh well, I guess I can't complain too much. One is better than none. Saw the orange vert. concept last year at the Dream Cruise and was blown away! Hope this one does the same!
I doubt that will be the only new Camaro on Woodward this weekend :roxor:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Where would you like the glass to go?
In/through the roof...

My Subaru Legacy goes in/through the roof...the list goes on.
I hate the look of it outside the car and I really wanted the sunroof. Will have to make my decision when I see it in person. But my guess is they are needing the headroom in the rear seats so the roof/headliner cant dip down to accomodate, so the glass goes outside.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
In/through the roof...

My Subaru Legacy goes in/through the roof...the list goes on.
I hate the look of it outside the car and I really wanted the sunroof. Will have to make my decision when I see it in person. But my guess is they are needing the headroom in the rear seats so the roof/headliner cant dip down to accomodate, so the glass goes outside.
that works fine when the roof is designed to accept it.
I'd rather have better looking lines and the glass outside when the roof is opened personally.

Guess it comes down to personal preference. I was just trying to show it isn't just GM that does that :cool:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
that works fine when the roof is designed to accept it.
I'd rather have better looking lines and the glass outside when the roof is opened personally.

Guess it comes down to personal preference. I was just trying to show it isn't just GM that does that :cool:
True. True.
I wish it was designed to accept it :) Maybe it will look better on this car. It will be hard to make this car look bad

·
Registered
897 Posts
True. True.
I wish it was designed to accept it :) Maybe it will look better on this car. It will be hard to make this car look bad
I remember hearing that the height of the roof line of the Camaro was argued to the milimeter, so designing the roof to allow for the glass to slide in a pocket inside the roof would have a large impact on the look of the car in the designers' eyes. I would always sacrifice something small like the glass of the sunroof to ensure the major body lines of the car remain in tact. It may not sound like a lot but small changes in roof lines make huge changes in overall appearance. I've heard of people chopping their hotrods 1/2" and it completely changes the profile of the car.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
If the glass slid into the roof, then the rear headroom would be comprimised. No big deal to me, but I'm sure the media would whine about it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
ive got to get one of those guitars! but im sure it will sell for more then that if its an auction style thing... i got a pretty nice BC Rich guitar that is pearl white now, but my wife has planned since she got it for me, to make it metallic blue with white racing stripes. the scheme i have ALWAYS wanted on my Camaro. (and have begged many photoshop guru's to do with a pic of my car) *jinx lol as well as some others. maybe when they remember those car pics, then they could fix up a pic of my guitar too ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
Nice, I don't know if I'd ever have the guts to try and paint my guitar. Please post pics if you decide to do it and let me know how it goes. When I get a new guitar I kind of want to paint my Les Paul standard a rootbeer metallic brown maybe with some white accents. Its black now and I want a black PRS in the future, so why have to black guitars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Man that v6 is sexy, people are nuts if they don't think these v6's are going to sell. Who wouldn't buy that bad ass car over the v6 mustang???

Teenagers are going to go nuts on this thing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts