Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It Came from eBay Hell: Camaro Meets Batmobile - Carscoop

Fancying a GM classic with a little more, ahem, pizazz than your run-of-the-mill F-Body Chevrolet Camaro? Welcome to the wonderful world of eBay and the DreamRyder (that's how the owner spells the name of the car).
The DreamRyder is the creation of one Bill Logan who used a V8-powered 1984 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible as a base. Logan says he spent 13 years to complete all the customizations, which include a fiberglass body said to be inspired by a number of animals such as the bat ray and the eagle.

The DreamRyder is up for sale on eBay at an undisclosed reserve price, with the highest bid currently standing at $5,900. Head down for more photos, a video and the seller's description of the car.

eBay Seller's Description:

"Built on an "F" body 82-92 Camaro over a 13 year period, I consider it functional art.

So my work is an animalistic representation in the form of a sphinx like creature, crouching between its flanks, about to pounce. In the front is a face with a beak, fangs and eyes.

The roof is kind of a bat ray with an eagle like head and its body spread out behind it, embracing the rear window and ending in a sweeping transition into a creatures buttocks in the rear.

All the lights are functional and are fiberglass as is the rest of the body as are the side pipes.

I have built a set of molds so I can reproduce any part I might need. I am considering building an enhanced version eventually.

It is a driver and a traffic stopper and is very well received at shows."

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Not my thing. Beauty in the eyes of the beholder as they say.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
looks like $hit....

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:facepalm:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
:lol: sorry it does....

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
If he spent 13 years on it, why doesn't he just keep it? I doubt it will be anyone else's cup of tea. :lol:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Looks like Grandpa Munster's Camaro.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
F U G L Y

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'll give the guy some credit for the workmanship itself, its quite impressive, I think its ugly as hell, but thats just my opinoin....

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Well my Mama always told me "If you don't have anything Good to Say, Don't Say anything at All" I'll leave it at that...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Well, you all know me and restraint isn't something I exercise very well, but here it goes: Wow, this car looks like an elephant with a terrible stomach virus just emptied it's ass all over that Camaro and the owner calls this a Batmobile?! Holy **** that looks terrible!! :barf:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts