Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain the ugly blue colors GM has offered ? Why not some of the retro blues or the gold with white stripes ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like the imperial blue myself, reminds me of the blue the AF uses in the dress uniform.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Doesn't matter to me either way. :D Cyber Metallic Grey is my color of choice for the new Camaro.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'd prefer Hugger orange to the offered Inferno Orange any day. I'll just see what's available when I go to order mine in a couple years. Another color that I'd like to see is Frost Green, but that's highly unlikely to ever make the cut.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Maybe they'll offer Hugger Orange when the vert is in production. Seems fair since the concept is that color.

I actually wanted the Inferno Orange, so I'm "as happy as a little guuuurl".

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Maybe they'll offer Hugger Orange when the vert is in production. Seems fair since the concept is that color.

I actually wanted the Inferno Orange, so I'm "as happy as a little guuuurl".

.........mmmmmmmmmm, nope -- concept car was not Hugger Orange. Hugger orange had no metallic in it -- the concept has a lot of 'pearl' tone to it....

The original Hugger Orange was Acrylic Lacquer -- which you cannot use anymore (emissions rules...) -- we now use high solids waterborne paint -- and, if you'll recall, we offered "Hugger Orange" in 1999 -- and about the only time it appeared to be true "Hugger Orange" was at about 9:30 in the morning in September in Canton, Ohio. (!!!) -- our paint folks with PPG and BASF worked stupid amounts of time to try and get a real Hugger Orange -- but it was not to be. (a tint-coat would get it closer...)

I think that a lot of people will love the Solar Flare when they see it in person in the sunlight...........

Gold with white stripes?????

(I loved the Persian comment....!!) ---

I love Gold -- me and you and a handful of people in the world.......

We offered Sport Gold and it barely made it thru one model year -- Gold simply doesn't seem to sell on Camaro or Corvette.........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts